Groups
    EXPIRED

mobile phone contract - need a second opinion please

I am on a £10 p/m mobile phone contract with T-mobile, due to end in February 2015. I am a texted rather than a talker, so my 100 mins, unlimited texts, and unlimited data are fine for me. I have been on this contract for a while, but because there is not much in it for T-mobile, I do not really get any attractive phone upgrades at the end of each contract period. I usually have to pay extra if I want a decent new phone.

Anyway, I am kind of thinking that I won't get another contract with unlimited data this cheap. My average monthly data usage is 900MB.

Am I right in thinking that there is unlikely to be a better deal out there for me and I should just accept that I have to pay extra if I want a better phone at the end of each contract period?

Bonus question: My wife is desperate for a new phone (and contract; currently with Orange; half way through contract period). Do networks offer special deals if you get your spouse to join?

Thanks for all your replies.

7 Comments

I think a couple of the networks do shared plans for multiple devices, but when I looked it was cheaper to keep them separate. Also don't just ring the networks, try some of the third party phone stores.
    In the end I used directmobiles.co.uk. I saved £100 on the handset and the contract was slightly cheaper.

if you can afford it buy the phone out right ur package seems to suit what u want.

You can probabaly get an additional line and discount. Maybe wait till february then ask for a discount on current contract and add additional line?

justanothercid

if you can afford it buy the phone out right ur package seems to suit … if you can afford it buy the phone out right ur package seems to suit what u want.

As it is a Mobile contract, not a SIM-only contract, you should be able to "downgrade" to SIM-only rolling with a lower price per month.

If they don't let you do that, I'd say switch to a better provider who are cheaper.

justanothercid

if you can afford it buy the phone out right ur package seems to suit … if you can afford it buy the phone out right ur package seems to suit what u want.

I am a big believer in this too. Buy your phone outright and keep your sim plan. It works out cheaper and means you are not being tied down into a long term contract.

Original Poster

Thank you for all your replies. After my contract ends next month and if I do not agree to be locked in for another two years, does my T-mobile plan simply continue at the current monthly cost of £10 until I terminate it? Or could T-mobile terminate it?

I have recently taken a sim only deal with EE upgrade from Orange and for 10 pounds a month I get unlimited minutes unlimited text and 2gb data, just threaten to leave and t mobile will ring u up and u tell them what u want, then I bought my phone out right
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Turning off Best Offer on Ebay Buy It Now listings.11
      2. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?48
      3. 2 for 1 at Alton Towers this weekend?45
      4. Anyone tried the Tyrells website for the mini competition?33

See more discussions