Groups

Mobile phone contract starting pre June 2017?

I am looking at starting a 24 month contract with Three in the coming weeks as they offer the 'Feel At Home' service with their plan i.e use date, mins overseas.

I've noticed from various forums that ALL networks will issue a similar plan come June 17 due to new legislation in UK and Europe. I'm aware that some companies offer EU data in their plans now (some only 500mb of data out of their full allowance depending on network). I feel Three DO offer a greater amount of data with their typical ADVANCED plan when travelling i.e not capped at 500mb for instance.

Should I wait a few more months then look at the contracts on offer? Does anyone else have additional info about the changeover in June that may help with my decision? I'm aware that some, if not all, companies increase all their tarrifs around March/April too, which will undoubtedly be another factor to consider.

At this stage, i'm on 30 day rolling contract with Three already (not great call time or data) but do require a new phone shortly.

Looking forward to hearing more from the HUKD community!

5 Comments

Why not wait until Sept and get the new iphone 8

Or why not save yourself some money, buy a phone and stay sim free...

Original Poster

punji

Why not wait until Sept and get the new iphone 8

No thanks. Not an apple kinda guy!

Original Poster

Uridium

Or why not save yourself some money, buy a phone and stay sim free...

I've been considering a Oneplus 3t 128gb but just waiting for the price to go down before committing.

mackay85

I've been considering a Oneplus 3t 128gb but just waiting for the price … I've been considering a Oneplus 3t 128gb but just waiting for the price to go down before committing.

Take a look at the Lenovo P2....I reckon it;s bargain handset of the year...other than a slightly lower spec camera and CPU compared to the flagships its a cracking handset. Has a monster battery hidden away inside it somehow....

aluminium unibody chassis
    snapdragon 625
    4Gb Ram
    32Gb storage (with combo dual sim/sdcard slot)
    5100MaH battery
    13mp/5mp cameras
    5.5" 1080p AMOLED screen

£200 from three...(and all three handsets are supplied unlocked.
    three.co.uk/len…rey
    techradar.com/rev…-p2

Edited by: "Uridium" 2nd Feb
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)34
      2. Amazon prime subscribe & save46
      3. Decent Mp3 Player?22
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?610

See more discussions