Mobile phone for an 8 year old

Posted 5th Nov
hi guys. looking for a decent mobile for my daughter's birthday. she will mainly use for watching YouTube and playing basic games. she's got a wee iPhone 5 just now which has no sim in it that she watches YouTube on.

budget is around £100 but don't mind going a bit higher for a better phone .

thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
A phone for an 8 year old
Edited by: "hello2883" 5th Nov
11 Comments
My sons had an iPhone 7 since he was 8 and it’s still perfect for him. It’ll get updates for a few more years, is still running fast and can be picked up not much over £100. Everything she has will also transfer easily onto it and if she’s used Apple for a while she won’t want to go to android I don’t think.
Having had iphones for years, best thing I did was move to android.
Would never go back.
A phone for an 8 year old
Edited by: "hello2883" 5th Nov
Xiaomi all the way - I'd go for the note 8 - I have note 5 and hasn't missed a beat.
Thanks for the help guys will look some of these up online.
Why don't you get them a tablet. Seems strange getting a phone to do exactly what a tablet does and has a much bigger screen
toonsquirel05/11/2019 13:49

My sons had an iPhone 7 since he was 8 and it’s still perfect for him. I …My sons had an iPhone 7 since he was 8 and it’s still perfect for him. It’ll get updates for a few more years, is still running fast and can be picked up not much over £100. Everything she has will also transfer easily onto it and if she’s used Apple for a while she won’t want to go to android I don’t think.

Reconditioned SE is another option, great for little hands
Edited by: "SaltyExpert" 7th Nov
Check out the Sony XA2 deal @£69 HERE

Keeps going in and out of stock all day.
MonkeyMan9007/11/2019 21:47

Why don't you get them a tablet. Seems strange getting a phone to do …Why don't you get them a tablet. Seems strange getting a phone to do exactly what a tablet does and has a much bigger screen

I too, wondered this. Especially when I read the bit about "no sim." It's basically a tiny wi-fi tablet then? If they don't actually need a phone, why not get them a nice tablet? Bigger screen so much better for their little eyes too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants