Mobile Phone for between £300 & £400 mark

Found 12th Jul
Hello,

I wondered if anyone had any any mobile recommendations for a budget of £300 - £400 for a present for a teenage girl who will want the latest apps/games etc. that will hopefully last for at least a couple of years...

Ideally quite durable and running the latest version of Android (i think this is Oreo?).

I was looking at the Honor 10 phone that seems to dip into this range but was rather surprised that it wasn't waterproof and didn't support expandable storage.

Is it worth seeing what turns up on Prime day?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Huawei Mate 10 Pro is really good.
I’m also considering the Honor 10
tmohammad34 m ago

Huawei Mate 10 Pro is really good.

Cheers I'll add that to my list, although clicking through from the AO deal that was posted it now says £649!
If it's a teenage girl she will want an iPhone, nothing else will do.

I've been there and even the offer of far better phones were turned down. I bought an iPhone SE and must admit despite the small screen it is a nice phone, nicely pocket sized to stop it getting damaged with 'ok' battery life and a great camera.

(this is coming from a parent who really dislikes iPhones)
haha It was the other way around in my house!

I've used an iPhone for years and she'll have none of it. Didn't like my 'old' iPhone 6 at all and wants an android phone.
SillyBear37 m ago

haha It was the other way around in my house!I've used an iPhone for years …haha It was the other way around in my house!I've used an iPhone for years and she'll have none of it. Didn't like my 'old' iPhone 6 at all and wants an android phone.

Can I say you daughter is amazing, well done to her, my sister is the same, she really dislikes iphones, she loves designing the menus with widgets and cool live backgrounds, anyways I would recommend going for one of these phones if you're not looking to getting them from outside the UK (personally my favourites)

Samsung s8 (about £400 - probably the most teenage girl friendly phone)
LG V30 (about £400)
OnePlus 6 (my personal favourite but costs about £420)

However if you are willing to buy them from China:
Xiaomi mi8 (£370)

BTW i did not recommend any huawei for only one reason, they are not the best for gaming and I personally do not like them after using the p20 pro and v10 for a month. Honestly though depending on her age she will most likely be happy with the samsung s8, but if she is used to android since they are mostly around the same price you should let her pick which one she thinks looks best, as I know some people like the notch design on the new 2018 phones but some hate it. I've tested all above phones and I prefer the oneplus 6, since its literally the best gaming phone out right now, stays cool while gaming, and long battery life and love the camera too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions