Groups

Mobile Phone Help (Screen replacement)

Basically, I had an accident on my moped, and cracked my mobile phone screen. You can only see the back light. So i went into t-mobile and they said it would cost £60-70 to repair! Its a Nokia N73 which is worth about £100 i guess.

Reason for thread is that i was wondering if there is a cheaper alternative than forking out £70. I want the phone as it has sat nav on it, has my contacts stored on mobile memory etc. I could take it to a local mobile unlocking shop but wasnt sure about whther they are trustworthy etc.

Anyoen got any ideas....or experiances???

TIA...Sam

12 Comments

I've changed an N95 which was easy. I did a samsung shine(?) a couple of weeks ago that was a real pig to do.

I would use my local unlocking type shop.

My local phoneshop's fine or why not order a screen from the net and watch this youtube video if you want to attempt it yourself ]Click

lol, Cars hurt

Original Poster

crd67;3546465

My local phoneshop's fine or why not order a screen from the net and … My local phoneshop's fine or why not order a screen from the net and watch this youtube video if you want to attempt it yourself ]Click

thanks!!!!!! will probably do that..rep added

thanks eevery1 else!

Original Poster

dean3988;3546555

lol, Cars hurt

sure do....aswell as your ped

Original Poster

on ebay i found:
    http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/globalAssets/ltCurve.gif

Nokia N73 LCD Screen Replacement Service

so i may do that as its only £36 and the screen is £30 anyway!

Original Poster

on second thorts.....i can get a screen for £20 so will do it myself

Aye, do it yourself. It's a five minute job, and it's very straight-foward. Much better than paying the £60 repair shops around here charge for the job, and without the risk involved with letting some occasionally severely dodgy guys do things to your phone unsupervised for an hour.

Indeed DIY!

Original Poster

i have manage to get the screen off...woop. now i need to buy a new screen.....thanks guys

samwhitewick;3546574

sure do....aswell as your ped

That was cold man, dayum
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.1829
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …913
      3. LG Watch Style worth buying for £75?33
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction55

See more discussions