Mobile Phone Insurance

Found 12th Aug 2017
Does anyone bother? I have a handset worth £229 and lowest home insurance excess is £100 for who I'm with, so looking for a company which does new for old and with a low excess. Any ideas?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I get free phone insurance with my bank account.
It's worth checking what yours covers.
I have an iPhone 7 plus so I pay £6 a month for insurance that covers everything inc theft etc, seems stupid not to have insurance on something so expensive
TommyA33 m ago

I have an iPhone 7 plus so I pay £6 a month for insurance that covers …I have an iPhone 7 plus so I pay £6 a month for insurance that covers everything inc theft etc, seems stupid not to have insurance on something so expensive

For an iPhone fair enough, but for a £229 Android (I imagine), I wouldn't bother unless you expect to be careless with it. If the worst happens, you can easily get a workable replacement for around £100 and decide if you want to save up for a better one.

In my opinion, any insurance should be for the losses that you can't just swallow if you had to (e.g. if you seriously injure someone with your car). If you can make do without it, you would expect to save money in the long run, as the insurance company is in this to make a profit.
You should be covered on your contents insurance for the house, depends what your excess is set to though.
TommyA12th Aug

I have an iPhone 7 plus so I pay £6 a month for insurance that covers …I have an iPhone 7 plus so I pay £6 a month for insurance that covers everything inc theft etc, seems stupid not to have insurance on something so expensive

Who do you use?
AndyWalker8517 h, 8 m ago

Who do you use?

Just o2 insurance that I took out with the phone
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions