Expired

Mobile phone insurance claim

6
Found 30th Nov 2007
Hi there, wondering if someone can give me advice about my mobile phone. Last night i was out with 'friends', when one of the decided it would be funny to drop my new Sony Ericsson w910i into a pint of beer. Unsuprisingly this has completely broken it. Fortunately I have insurance, which is from Phones4u, with the policyadmin.co.uk ...

Short of reporting this to the police as technically it is malicious damage but that's not really an option, does anyone have any advice?

I have to detail out exactly what happened and I am concerned that the insurers will get out of having to pay up on a technicality. I am covered for water damage.

Has anyone else claimed with mobile insurance? Advice would be very much appreciated. thanks

7 Comments

if you wait a couple of weeks usually they dry up completely and start working again.

duff the friend up and get your money back.

;-)

i hope you pulled the battery out asap

leaving the battery in usually speeds up the corrosion.

if you feel confident, take the phone apart as much as you can (eg strip it down as much as you can) and leave it in a warm place

surely u would make your friend pay?!?!

Original Poster

gaming_guy

i hope you pulled the battery out asapleaving the battery in usually … i hope you pulled the battery out asapleaving the battery in usually speeds up the corrosion.if you feel confident, take the phone apart as much as you can (eg strip it down as much as you can) and leave it in a warm place




yes it is currently 'drying' but i am concerned about the massive bubble in the screen which appeared afterwards. other water has gone so i am thinking this could possibly be damage to the LCD

just say ou where texting at the bar and somebody bumped into you and it fell out of your hand into your pint.accidental damage surely ??

Original Poster

SpecialK

just say ou where texting at the bar and somebody bumped into you and it … just say ou where texting at the bar and somebody bumped into you and it fell out of your hand into your pint.accidental damage surely ??



that sounds like a good idea. thanks
Post a comment
Avatar
@
    Text