Groups

Mobile phone insurance experiences?

I'm interested in getting phone insurance for my S7 edge, I've never bothered with phone insurance before, but I am genuinely concerned if I drop the phone I will shatter the screen

After reading a few reviews online, I am quite hesitant, and have 0 idea who to go with. So i'd like to hear some experiences from people who have claimed with their phone insurance provider

My requirements, accidental damage, 50 quid excess, and I purchased the phone from amazon fr (not sure if this will be a problem)

Thanks

8 Comments

i'm in the same boat

however, i added personal posessions (incl. mobile phone) onto my home insurance for approximately £20 for the year which considering i already had accidental damage, covers everything a phone insurance plan does. my excess is £100 but you can probably lower it

and with regards to amazon.fr, maybe, as most insurers usually require a receipt showing purchase brand new from a UK VAT registered business, not sure how they'd treat amazon.fr

I have insurance on my phone with Vodafone.

For accidental damage some house content policies will cover this. That said, the only time I have claimed has been for repairs. There is an excess and it has been pain free claiming via Vodafone.

Original Poster

I'm a student, I dont have a house to insure

Have you put it in a good case

Original Poster

archer1204

Have you put it in a good case

I don't always use the "good case" since it makes the phone annoyingly chunky, so I alternate between that case and a low profile spigen case

try an online insurance company, they are alot cheaper than the insurances that phone shops provide.

check also as most will not cover water damage
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland78
      2. Any now tv entertainment offers going on???11
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?914
      4. Mayweather vs Mcgregor66

See more discussions