Groups

Mobile Phone Insurance more than 13 months old

Hi, I require 2 policies to cover mobile phone. One is 13 months (nought refurbished on refresh contract from O2). Other is more than 25 months old, was on O2 contract). Which policies will cover each? how much will excesses be should I claim? thanks

5 Comments

Never even been asked how old phone is. Excess is approx £50 (for non Apple) and £100 for Apple- obviously depending on policy.
    Edited by: "Rich069" 25th Feb

you usually have to have a receipt showing you bought the phone new from a VAT registered UK retail establishment within the past 12 months in order to insure a phone. worth checking the requirements

adamspencer95

you usually have to have a receipt showing you bought the phone new from … you usually have to have a receipt showing you bought the phone new from a VAT registered UK retail establishment within the past 12 months in order to insure a phone. worth checking the requirements

​My bank insurance covering our phones, has never asked for any proof of ownership. Have had 3 claims over the years for lost phones and have never been asked for anything. Phones had been registered with its imei number though.

Rich069

​My bank insurance covering our phones, has never asked for any proof of o … ​My bank insurance covering our phones, has never asked for any proof of ownership. Have had 3 claims over the years for lost phones and have never been asked for anything. Phones had been registered with its imei number though.

As above.
    Technically in almost all T&Cs it will state you need proof of ownership but you'll never actually be asked for it.

Banned

look at nationwide flex account for £10 pm. covers alot of things
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc11
      2. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door67
      3. Gaming Monitor33
      4. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?11

See more discussions