Groups

Mobile Phone Jammers

Does anyone know if mobile phone jammers are legal or illegal in this country? I was thinking of using one for when I have speaking / lecture engagements I don't want to get dragged off by the law though!

9 Comments

I believe they are illegal ,Imagine someone next door to you having a stroke and trying to call an ambulance ,,,,

illegal-cinemas wanted to install them and were told no.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6199890

I believe they are illegal ,Imagine someone next door to you having a … I believe they are illegal ,Imagine someone next door to you having a stroke and trying to call an ambulance ,,,,

That's what I was thinking, though some are only short range and are hindered by walls.

they are illegal, but no one will know. dealextreme sell them and the range isnt too great so if they left the room say they would be fine to ring 999 :thumbsup:

Yes as far as I know they are illegal to use in the UK at the moment Predi

Banned

Companies in the UK can sell jammers but it is illegal for civilians in the UK to use them

fragaliciousbob;6199944

Companies in the UK can sell jammers but it is illegal for civilians in … Companies in the UK can sell jammers but it is illegal for civilians in the UK to use them

just about to say the same...:thumbsup:

dealextreme.com/det…713

£14 give or take

Range: 3 ~ 15 meters (usually about 5~100 square meters)

Original Poster

Thanks all - looks like I'll have to accept the musical interludes then:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Boxes for moving house?11
      2. Speccing a gaming pc22
      3. Kitchen tap replacement11
      4. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1212

See more discussions