Posted 29th Oct
if I ask my network for a code, so I can unlock my phone on any network
and they keep putting off giving it to me

that can’t be legal, right? I own the phone
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
It depends, each company has their own rules, if you company is EE, then do not unlock less than 6 months old phones.
AFAIK In the UK mobile phone network providers are not obliged to provide network unlocking on handsets even after the end of the contract
You just have to ring them up or go in-store and ask them to unlock the phone.
Depending on phone and network you may be able to unlock it cheap on eBay without the hassle
EE just unlocked 4 phones for me. I had to give the lady on the phone all the IMEi numbers and she said I'll here back in 10 days... 4 days later I got 4 texts with all the unlocked codes but they didn't say which code was for which phone, idiots! Luckily they sent the sim lock codes below it.
If you are with EE you can log into your account and request the unlock on your accounts page.

Who you with? How longs the contract been running and did you speak to somebody in person or email/live chat
I just done a big reply, but this app refreshes if the screen goes off, so I’ll keep it to a bare minimum...

I’ve tried
the online request form
a phone call
the live chat
and visiting a store
and 2 eBay sellers, both refunded as they had no code

as for the other options, they all told me to check my email in 3-7 days... it’s been like near 2 months

it’s the Three network by the the way, who are the devil
Mendoza30/10/2019 02:27

... it’s the Three network by the the way, who are the devil

Three handsets have been supplied natively unlocked since about 2014, so presumably your Three handset was not supplied by Three (or is over 5 yrs old), so approach the supplier for the unlock.
Have you tried a different network sim in the phone, they could already be unlocked... I suggest you
eBay I got mine unlock for 5.00 tool him 4 mins
What type of phone are you trying to unlock?

Have seen previously where networks have different guidance for different devices
AndyRoyd30/10/2019 02:45

Three handsets have been supplied natively unlocked since about 2014, so …Three handsets have been supplied natively unlocked since about 2014, so presumably your Three handset was not supplied by Three (or is over 5 yrs old), so approach the supplier for the unlock.

This ^
the phone is from 2012
Sony Xperia T
I’ve tried Vodafone, o2 & sky in it

the people at Three keep telling me it’s locked, but doing nothing about it

if you remember the seller @Simon_Wainwright that would be a blessing
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants