Mobile Phone Recommendations for 10 Year Old x

Posted 1st Jul 2020
hey guys,

we have decided to get my daughter a new phone for her 10th birthday. She has always had hand me downs so now we want to get new a new one.

I am looking for recommendations for phones that are good but dont cost too much!

She is looking to use it for whatsapp, tik tok and playing games from the app store.

any help will he much appreciated as I'm not that knowledgeable on phones.

thank you xxx
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Ideally I would like around the £100 mark...but i dont know what that would get so could go up to £150 x I'm hoping that could get something half decent x
Kezza080401/07/2020 15:34

Ideally I would like around the £100 mark...but i dont know what that …Ideally I would like around the £100 mark...but i dont know what that would get so could go up to £150 x I'm hoping that could get something half decent x

Go to m i. com / uk and get the redmi note 8t for 119 quid. It says 129.99 but it's 10 off a 100 spend.
Edited by: "jez794" 1st Jul
jez79401/07/2020 15:56

Go to m i. com / uk and get the redmi note 8t for 119 quid. It says 129.99 …Go to m i. com / uk and get the redmi note 8t for 119 quid. It says 129.99 but it's 10 off a 100 spend.

I have not heard of that phone. Does it have google apps etc? Xx
Kezza080401/07/2020 16:10

I have not heard of that phone. Does it have google apps etc? Xx

Yeah has everything she'd need, xiaomi phones are exceptional value for money, do a search for xiaomi or redmi on here. if you were willing to go down the China route(takes weeks/months shipping) I'd say get a redmi note 9s but from UK you're looking at £200 plus, can't think of anything better than the redmi note 8t from UK for £120 tbh.
Thank you will try that xx
Kezza080401/07/2020 16:36

Thank you will try that xx

Apparently if you get the app and order through that you get an extra £5 off too #bargain
You can quite easily get a phone for £100 or less that is quite decent and can do everything your daughter needs and more. It's just being in the right place at the right time.

Don't rush it. Something will come up quite soon.

Edit: There are loads of phones but without doing a deep search here's a very quick example: Xiaomi Redmii 7a from 02 for £70

And this one: Motorola E6 Plus from 02 for £50 is a very decent phone but it comes in and out of stock. Many people from HUKD have managed to buy it but you just have to keep checking.

Link to 02s PAYG phones (sorted by price low to high). They've got loads at decent prices. Can't go wrong.
Edited by: "notalwaysright19" 1st Jul
notalwaysright1901/07/2020 22:07

You can quite easily get a phone for £100 or less that is quite decent and …You can quite easily get a phone for £100 or less that is quite decent and can do everything your daughter needs and more. It's just being in the right place at the right time.Don't rush it. Something will come up quite soon.Edit: There are loads of phones but without doing a deep search here's a very quick example: Xiaomi Redmii 7a from 02 for £70And this one: Motorola E6 Plus from 02 for £50 is a very decent phone but it comes in and out of stock. Many people from HUKD have managed to buy it but you just have to keep checking. Link to 02s PAYG phones (sorted by price low to high). They've got loads at decent prices. Can't go wrong.

Thank you, in going to have a look xx
Post a comment
@
    Text