Groups

mobile phone repairers - anyone know if these require a soldering iron to fix, or just slide out, or even how to change them. (sony ericcsson k810i charging port)

Banned
    have took apart my phone aplenty of times, but some plastic off my charger snapped inside my charging port, so now the usb cable or headphones, won't fit. I am currently waiting for a new cover for my phone, so it's good time to change.

shopnext.com/son…cy=

so does anyone know how these are taken out and fitted, as there is some foam covering the edge around it, so i dunno if it's just ripped out, or if it's soldered. if theres anywhere cheaper let me know

8 Comments

that looks the same as when i changed charging block on wifes k800i, it just slides off and new 1 back on. first time i done it when i put new 1 on the pins inside block were pushed out of place and it was no good. when 2nd 1 came i plugged charger or use into the block first to keep pins in place then pushed it onto pcb

good luck

just a thought, now the phone is in bits can u not push the snapped bit of charger out of the charging block from the back?

Banned

The K800 charging block is not soldered on, it just slides onto the PCB... Its quite easy to fit yourself... Most the Sony Ericssons are the same there are some that are soldered on though like the W880i

Original Poster Banned

yay thankyou people, rep for you

Original Poster Banned

ericc78uk;3643194

just a thought, now the phone is in bits can u not push the snapped bit … just a thought, now the phone is in bits can u not push the snapped bit of charger out of the charging block from the back?

nah it's alright, charger still works, got plenty lying about. thankyou anyway, have some rep.

Banned

By the way if you havent already ordered one of those connectors, you should be able to get it done quite cheaply at a local phone shop because that looks like an american site, I dont know how much shipping will be and it may take a while to arrive...

Original Poster Banned

MobilePhonez;3644686

By the way if you havent already ordered one of those connectors, you … By the way if you havent already ordered one of those connectors, you should be able to get it done quite cheaply at a local phone shop because that looks like an american site, I dont know how much shipping will be and it may take a while to arrive...

i'm wondering if the one out of my waterlogged k800i, would still work :whistling:

Banned

Should do, try cleaning it... Its usually inside the connector that gets water damaged, so try cleaning it or leaving it soaking in some PCB cleaning solution... Dry it carefully/fully afterwards before putting it back on the phone
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free Codes from EGX66
      2. One for the mathmeticians1829
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767422
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2645

See more discussions