Groups

mobile phone unlocking Glasgow

I've got a nokia 5800 on it's way that I need unlocked from tmobile. Jut wondering if anyone had any recommendations or ones to avoid of the many phone unlocking shops in or around the Glasgow area.

cheers.

12 Comments

Theres one down at the barras. - Tried PM' the link.

http:/********/9821g8

replace the **** above with bit.ly

Ive had two phones unlocked in there. Should be £10 to do it.

Most of them charge a fortune to be honest. Have you tired ebay? I unlocked my blackberry and another phone by them giving me a code for only a few quid. Most shops in Glagsow would charge £15 onwards. Its worth a try to look online.

Original Poster

hippyharry;8395498

Theres one down at the barras. - Tried PM' the … Theres one down at the barras. - Tried PM' the link.http:/********/9821g8replace the **** above with bit.lyIve had two phones unlocked in there. Should be £10 to do it.

cheers bud could you pm me that link again. it's not working. I'll take a look at them.:thumbsup: edit: got the link working mate cheers, know exactly where that is.

Faiza;8395510

Most of them charge a fortune to be honest. Have you tired ebay? I … Most of them charge a fortune to be honest. Have you tired ebay? I unlocked my blackberry and another phone by them giving me a code for only a few quid. Most shops in Glagsow would charge £15 onwards. Its worth a try to look online.

Yeah had a look and most of them I'd need to send them the mobile to get it unlocked so I'd rather have an actual shop I could go to.

it wont cost £10 to unlock. Will cost anything form £25 up i expect. SL3 phones are much more difficult to unlock and generally have to be sent away to be unlocked from what i have read.

i was quoted £30 for mine either way.

Original Poster

scales23;8396823

it wont cost £10 to unlock. Will cost anything form £25 up i expect. SL3 p … it wont cost £10 to unlock. Will cost anything form £25 up i expect. SL3 phones are much more difficult to unlock and generally have to be sent away to be unlocked from what i have read.i was quoted £30 for mine either way.

getting loads of conflicting reports about this, lot of people have reported getting it done at the local shops for £10-£20 and just as many saying it def has to be sent away, thats why I was looking for a half decent place that wouldn't brick the thing.

Id still go to that boy.

Fairest lad ive met down the barras when it came to unlocking. All the others are stalls and see you coming a while away.

Best bet is to go and just say to the lad, can you unlock this mobile for £10 mate? Chances are, he'll say aye.

hippyharry;8399003

Id still go to that boy.Fairest lad ive met down the barras when it came … Id still go to that boy.Fairest lad ive met down the barras when it came to unlocking. All the others are stalls and see you coming a while away.Best bet is to go and just say to the lad, can you unlock this mobile for £10 mate? Chances are, he'll say aye.

An easy way to check if your Nokia phone is SL3 is key in *#0000# on the phone

This will show the software version of the phone.

If your phone version is not a double figure before the decimal point ie. 6.51 then it CAN unlock it done direct.

If it is a double figure before the decimal point ie 59.60 (see the picture below), you need to use the Nokia SL3 then your local shop wil have to send it away

spitroast.

Original Poster

hippyharry;8399003

Id still go to that boy.Fairest lad ive met down the barras when it came … Id still go to that boy.Fairest lad ive met down the barras when it came to unlocking. All the others are stalls and see you coming a while away.Best bet is to go and just say to the lad, can you unlock this mobile for £10 mate? Chances are, he'll say aye.

cheers for that mate, funnily enough spoke to my bro earlier and he's used him before as well. Tmobile have quoted me £15+vat to get it unlocked so i'll see if he can do it cheaper than that. cheers again.

spit roast;8399442

An easy way to check if your Nokia phone is SL3 is key in *#0000# on the … An easy way to check if your Nokia phone is SL3 is key in *#0000# on the phoneThis will show the software version of the phone.If your phone version is not a double figure before the decimal point ie. 6.51 then it CAN unlock it done direct.If it is a double figure before the decimal point ie 59.60 (see the picture below), you need to use the Nokia SL3 then your local shop wil have to send it awayspitroast.

cheers for the info mate.

Original Poster

bit of an update, went to the guy hippyharry recommended and yep it was sl3, spitroast was spot on so he couldnt do it but would've only charged a tenner if he could've. nice guy as well.

anyway spoke to tmobile again, and they are still wanting 15 quid but i now have to wait 3 months. raging is not the word so balls to them and i'll just be using a virgin sim in it until sl3 mobiles are somewhat easier to unlock.

Who is this guy at the Barras exactly? I typed in the url but it was just a Google map pic of the Barras that came up, no shop or anything. I really need to get a Nokia unlocked. Thanks!.

Who is this guy at the Barras exactly? I typed in the url but it was just … Who is this guy at the Barras exactly? I typed in the url but it was just a Google map pic of the Barras that came up, no shop or anything. I really need to get a Nokia unlocked. Thanks!.

He's hopped off but probably left room for an i7 to fill his space. It's a 6 year old thread. He's probably been to jail and back at least twice by now.

LOL! I think you're probably right. I looked at the age of this thread only after posting, sadly.

Anyone know if there is still someone in the Barras unlocking phones without charging an arm and a leg?!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions