Found 24th Mar 2009
Not sure how this will work but here is the concept...

I have a Samsung Omnia windows mobile pocket pc and want a Sony Ericsson X1 Xperia (just as an example) so I upload a min of 4 close up pics of my phone. Front screen off to see if highly scratched, 1 with a phone on to see it is working and a couple at different angles with box and contents if any.

Everyone doing exchange has to do the same and be willing to do the deal as a swap and not a quick sale for cash. Both parties must agree on a value for their handset as if you was to sell something on Ebay to buy alternative, you would incur charges so it is about being willing to accept something you would be happier with. I don't think anyone here would like to see someone being ripped off but also being the most expensive handset doesn't mean the BEST.

I post my phone by Special Delivery and post here the tracking ID - or just to the person exchanging
Same day exchanger posts their mobile by same delivery method and also posts tracking ID

Thankyou to fellow member for suggesting to add a link to some trusting feedback. Here is mine - myworld.ebay.co.uk/evr…sa/
- Soziberry

13 Comments

So basically your looking to swap a Samsung Omnia for something else without adding any cash ?

Thats a simple request - I just got confused reading your description.

I would make it clear what you are after in trade, and provide a link to some feedback elsewhere (ebay for example) - unlikely to get a straight swap with no feedback on here - simple matter of trust I'm afraid.

Original Poster

No, I don't want to swap. It says (just an example).

My reason for this is I am seeing lots of people buying phones because they have the option of an upgrade so take a FREE phone but most of the time they are either more than happy with the handset they already own or don't know how to use the different phone. Selling phones is usually meaning you get a massive chunk taken out of the value in fees before you can even think of what you want instead so the fair way would be to swap! Swapping is trading too as we have trading cards that we swap?

I was just trying to help, sorry if it wasn't clear enough.

Soziberry;4729662

No, I don't want to swap. It says (just an example).My reason for this is … No, I don't want to swap. It says (just an example).My reason for this is I am seeing lots of people buying phones because they have the option of an upgrade so take a FREE phone but most of the time they are either more than happy with the handset they already own or don't know how to use the different phone. Selling phones is usually meaning you get a massive chunk taken out of the value in fees before you can even think of what you want instead so the fair way would be to swap! Swapping is trading too as we have trading cards that we swap?I was just trying to help, sorry if it wasn't clear enough.

And in English?

so you are suggesting this as a service thread...which i doubt is allowed, due to the nature of this thread, will mean no OP and lots of mess...and thus i am afraid this will get closed down very quickly.

I have reported it for mod clarification...as it seems no one really seems to understand the concept of the OPs explanation...probably because its long winded and not in the general jist of FS/FT

Original Poster

Why don't people swap their phones for another they want instead of using middle men (selling phone 1st) and save money plus time!

Original Poster

So I take it you don't feel it is a good idea?

Soziberry;4729715

So I take it you don't feel it is a good idea?

as per my reply, if people want to do this they are very capable of doing their own thread as required by the rules (construed view) as this will become a mess, and then gives no one control over what can be done said nor agreed.

Moved to correct forum for discussion

Original Poster

Swap forums have been going for a while now, yes people are capable of doing it themselves but if you want to take that attitude, why do we all upload our finds here? People can do it themselves, lets not tell them? I feel that if Joe has a Nokia N73 and Jane has a Sony Ericsson K800i in the drawer but didn't know Jow wanted 1.

Soziberry;4729788

Swap forums have been going for a while now, yes people are capable of … Swap forums have been going for a while now, yes people are capable of doing it themselves but if you want to take that attitude, why do we all upload our finds here? People can do it themselves, lets not tell them? I feel that if Joe has a Nokia N73 and Jane has a Sony Ericsson K800i in the drawer but didn't know Jow wanted 1.

but the problem being is this thread then will become junked up, full of different offers, and different phones, and different offers, thus causing great confusion and great problems will follow.

I can see your good intent, but lots of things sound good on paper/theory but in reality they dont work, this is due to society and the way we all work...we are not all the 'reasonable person' :thumbsup:

So please dont think me arrogant nor having that of a 'negative' attitude, im just saying how it is, and also how i would construe the rules upon this thread.

But now it is in Misc, discusssion and scrutiny shall follow. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Ok. I am a crafter and started a craft swap on a different forum and it was quite successful which inspired another member to set up his own craft swap site which was very popular. I feel here might be good for swaps seeing as we are geared towards saving money and recycling old stuff. I would also say we have an edit function so we can say when a deal is closed maybe. I wouldn't mind helping out as a go between maybe.

but having a middle man is not good, ie yourself, as that causes problems if anything goes wrong, the buck be on your head.
I really do see your good intention, but the edit function only allows to add details, ideally you would need an admin/threadhelper to participate in order to clarify when a deal is reached and remove the items when deal is finished, but then there is also no archive of the item either which could cause problems.

I think it is just over complicating something that is usually so much easier, although the idea is ace, and id be willing to help out myself.

Original Poster

Oh well, good idea but not for here. I just get so angry when I see them adverts on the telly saying "Send off your mobile and we will give you up to £100" when I 1st got my Nokia N95 they were worth nearly £500 and it stated on the website for 1 of them companies that it would give me £80. Also the people I see in mobile phone shops trading in a brilliant phone for something not as brilliant but newer, I feel like shaking them. Being tied to an expensive contract for a phone that does less than the 1 the just traded in to get £50 cash back or something.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 192 ***11
    2. Tesco 3 for 2 Toy deal starting 27th October810
    3. Add one, leave one game54415423
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769355

See more discussions