Found 16th Apr 2010
does anyone know any mobile phone which is good for going on the internet (has flash/ supports youtube) but under £30

7 Comments

I think you're asking too much with a budget of £30. To watch Youtube videos and such, you need 3G (to watch out and about) or WiFi (if you're just watching them when near a wireless hotspot -- at home, airport, train, cafe, etc) and I don't know of any decent phones for Streaming videos on a phone with EDGE or less isn't really practical. My Nokia 5530 which was £100 can play youtube videos but it has to reduce the quality to be able to stream them using the 2G internet connection.

You're probably better off getting a cheap phone within your budget, downloading the videos using your computer and putting them on the phone. You'll need a program to download the video from Youtube (hundreds out there, just google for one) and then another pgoram to convert the video to mobile phone format (.3gp i think)

Original Poster

any good phone just for internet?

I can vouch for the 5530. It's great for internet browsing and it's cheap. Not £30 cheap though. I paid £100 for mine before Xmas in a deal from the Carphone Warehouse.
I would install Opera Mobile as the internet browser though because the pre-installed Nokia one isn't all that great.

Maybe check out the Genio Touch as well? I've never used one but they look pretty cool and I can imagine browsing would be quite nice as it has a decent sized screen. They're quite cheap too but not £30 unless you can find a cheap second hand one.

Original Poster

thanks

Original Poster

oldmanhouse;8378896

I can vouch for the 5530. It's great for internet browsing and it's … I can vouch for the 5530. It's great for internet browsing and it's cheap. Not £30 cheap though. I paid £100 for mine before Xmas in a deal from the Carphone Warehouse. I would install Opera Mobile as the internet browser though because the pre-installed Nokia one isn't all that great.Maybe check out the Genio Touch as well? I've never used one but they look pretty cool and I can imagine browsing would be quite nice as it has a decent sized screen. They're quite cheap too but not £30 unless you can find a cheap second hand one.

where is the 5530 at £100
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Credit Card Debt Question...77
    2. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed438
    3. £300 for a XZ1 Compact Worth Keeping or return11
    4. 241 cinema code - how to ask?22

See more discussions