Mobile Phones - where menu can be locked??

I am looking for a phone where you can lock the menu when not in use (not a keypad lock). I don't think any of the SE's do this; I think some of the older Motorola's did.

Ideally want a phone that you need to unlock to make a call, but not to receive (if there is a phone that does this).

Thanks

19 Comments

The Nokia 5800 does this and so much more.
Love the phone

iPhone

Maybe I'm not understanding this properly, but I thought all phones could be answered without having to unlock it first? Just press the green answer button? :thinking:

I have to unlock my Samsung Pixon via a button on the side to make a call but can just answer it as normal without unlocking first.

my v3 razr (think thats what it was) did this an it was great, you could lock any part of the phone etc. Havent come across any others that do though. I had a SE and that didnt neither has my new one?

i think the OP is after a phone which locks with a pin# rather than just a keypad lock. im assuming this will be for a child or so their partner cant nosey through their phone:whistling:

if its the latter the i think the old samsung d900's text and picture menu's can be protected by pin,cant think of any others

pistol6000;6596234

i think the OP is after a phone which locks with a pin# rather than just … i think the OP is after a phone which locks with a pin# rather than just a keypad lock.

N95's can have a auto lock after a certin amout of time and to unlock the phone a pin can be input.

Tanchi;6596378

N95's can have a auto lock after a certin amout of time and to unlock the … N95's can have a auto lock after a certin amout of time and to unlock the phone a pin can be input.

just checked, my Lg Viewty can aswell...Handset lock its called, can still answer but locks straight after call(just emergency button operable):thumbsup:

pistol6000;6596234

i think the OP is after a phone which locks with a pin# rather than just … i think the OP is after a phone which locks with a pin# rather than just a keypad lock. im assuming this will be for a child or so their partner cant nosey through their phone:whistling:if its the latter the i think the old samsung d900's text and picture menu's can be protected by pin,cant think of any others

Privacy lock? Yes,most samsungs have that. You can't look through the phone book,read texts, etc without a pin. You can answer calls though as normal. You can also extend the lock to protect your files,pics etc if you want to be secretive ;-)

Original Poster

Thanks for feedback. Yes I did omit to say a lock with a PIN, and it was for a child's phone.

A few phones to choose from.

The Motorola's were famous for locking out nosey *******s when handing your phone to someone to use etc and the sub menu pin locks were pretty cool, did not realise some newer phones still had this....

lol at the people that are thinking ''Menu Star etc'' OP's question has nothing to do with keypad lock....

I have seen symbian software for the nokia's etc that let you add this type of lock, lmk if you need any more help...

maxmix

All recent nokia's and most samsungs do this iirc

Edit: Just messed with a SE and it's there too, settings>security>locks

ChrisUK;6595280

iPhone

But, when I first got my 3g it would still let you dial any number as an emergency call:?

Banned

i thought all phones let you do this?

dcx_badass;6608547

I have the privacy patch on my SE W810 and can lock out, call list, … I have the privacy patch on my SE W810 and can lock out, call list, messages, files, phonebook, not outgoing calls then.

:?

It's there in your settings, it pin protects the phone so you can do nothing but answer incoming calls.

dcx_badass;6609392

Which option is it?

Just tried to activate it on a k660i and it seems I am wrong:oops:

Nokias and samsungs I'm sure of though:thumbsup:

It is very rare to get the pin protect on your menu to stop unwanted visitors going through your phone....

(This is the menu security we are talking about) !!

maxmix

maxmix;6612240

(This is the menu security we are talking about) !!maxmix

I know, and like I say most Nokias do it, my 6230i, 6500 classic, 6500 slide, n95, £10 nokia 1661, Samsung g600, e350 all had it.

On a Nokia 6500: menu>settings>phone>security keyguard (lets you activate the security code request to prevent unauthorised use of the phone. Security code must be entered to unlock the keyguard)

You cant get into the menus or anything else until you enter the security code:thumbsup:

Am I confused and you are talking about something else?

Yes,that the way all my phones have been too,once privacy is set to full no one can do anything with your phone apart from answer a call unless they know the security pin,

I can't see how its rare either :?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…11
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764000
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386133
    4. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders68

See more discussions