Mobile providers SIM Only

Posted 18th Feb
Hi,

can anyone give me some info as to who the smaller providers use please. Like is I was to use Tesco Mobile would this be O2?

I want to try and use EE or Vodafone. I am with O2 and the signal and 4g coverage is very poor. I want to move away from them.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
cecilmcroberts18/02/2020 17:37

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Kingdom_mobile_virtual_network_operators

Thanks
Get ready for the clueless fools to tell you the coverage is the same, it isn't. Out of the MVNO's only BT (EE) & ID Mobile (Three) offer the same coverage as the parent network, Voxi (Vodafone), Smarty (Three), Virgin (EE), Giff Gaff (O2), Tesco (O2) etc all offer worse coverage than the parent.

This is due to them not offering 4g or WiFi calls, bt & ID mobile do, sky do WiFi but not 4g calls. That basically means when looking at an mvno for calls you need to compare the 2g/3g coverage against the parent networks 4g (as they have 4g calls), you'll get worse coverage indoors as well most likely.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 18th Feb
dcx_badass18/02/2020 20:44

Get ready for the clueless fools to tell you the coverage is the same, it …Get ready for the clueless fools to tell you the coverage is the same, it isn't. Out of the MVNO's only BT (EE) & ID Mobile (Three) offer the same coverage as the parent network, Voxi (Vodafone), Smarty (Three), Virgin (EE), Giff Gaff (O2), Tesco (O2) etc all offer worse coverage than the parent.This is due to them not offering 4g or WiFi calls, bt & ID mobile do, sky do WiFi but not 4g calls. That basically means when looking at an mvno for calls you need to compare the 2g/3g coverage against the parent networks 4g (as they have 4g calls), you'll get worse coverage indoors as well most likely.

Thanks for your help with this. Appreciate the detail
Voxi
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants