Mobile signal booster for EE networks

Posted 13th Dec 2019
Morning all,

Has anyone had any luck getting a 2nd hand EE signal box reactivated for another virtual network?

I'm currently on a Plusnet simo deal which is fine for my relatively low data usage 2-3gb per month. The only problem is that the mobile signal in the house suddenly became a lot worse about 6 months ago, so I presume they've (EE) turned off a local transmitter. I now don't have any mobile signal on the ground floor. Unfortunately Plusnet mobile don't offer wofo calling or signal boosters.

I've heard that EE can be difficult about reactivating the boxes if you don't have an EE pay monthly contract.

Does anyone else have any experience of this or have any other suggestions? BT mobile SIMO with a signal booster?

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

2 Comments
Before you do anything else. Get a free PAYG EE sim and see if the signal is the same.
There could be some other cookiness going on. If EE works but plus net doesn’t then, get Plusnet back on the case.
Oneday7713/12/2019 12:29

Before you do anything else. Get a free PAYG EE sim and see if the signal …Before you do anything else. Get a free PAYG EE sim and see if the signal is the same. There could be some other cookiness going on. If EE works but plus net doesn’t then, get Plusnet back on the case.

Good call, I requested one last weekend, but it hasn't turned up yet.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants