Mobile site changed

Posted 17th JanEdited by:"LordHippos"
Are HUKD trialling a different mobile site design?

When logged in I get this:

3390297.jpg
The text below each deal is new, when using incognito mode I don't see the text (I can't take screenshots in incognito mode though).

If this is a new design idea then my feedback would be that the text makes each deal too tall, the previous version was better because I could see 3-4 things on a page instead of 1-2.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Same for me.
Its called Responsive Design. The screen layout and content respond dynamically to the type of device you are using (according to a design template designed by people who charge stacks of dosh for doing it and therefore know better than you or I)
ccnp17/01/2020 14:54

Its called Responsive Design. The screen layout and content respond …Its called Responsive Design. The screen layout and content respond dynamically to the type of device you are using (according to a design template designed by people who charge stacks of dosh for doing it and therefore know better than you or I)

I use the site daily so the change jumped out at me, I believe it's a new thing not a change to my device or browser.
LordHippos17/01/2020 14:57

I use the site daily so the change jumped out at me, I believe it's a new …I use the site daily so the change jumped out at me, I believe it's a new thing not a change to my device or browser.

The change is on the web server not your phone. You may even be part of an A/B test where some people get the new screen and some get another version so they can monitor your navigation behaviour and make decisions
deleted2423096
OP stated: "If this is a new design idea then my feedback would be that the text makes each deal too tall, the previous version was better because I could see 3-4 things on a page instead of 1-2."

+1
Yep, if anything it puts me off wanting to use it, Reddit did something similar in some kind of drive to move people over to their app.

I don't mind having the text on the desktop site because I have a much larger screen, for a mobile screen real estate is important, and what really highlights the deals to me is the heading and the associated pic, not the blurb that goes with it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants