Groups
    EXPIRED

Mobile to use 3 network

Hi

Not sure where to pose this question so please move it if in wrong section etc.

Just wondering, do I need to buy a mobile from 3 (Three) before I can use it? My wife has a 3 contract & would like to change her phone - she doesn't like any offered by 3. So wandering, that if I buy a UNLOCKED phone would she be able to use it with the 3 contract? Or if I buy a phone and have it unlocked would it work on 3?

Sorry, I don't know much about mobiles therefore the question.

I have just been checking out fleabay & they have unlocked phones (specifically 5310). Could I use those on 3 by any chance?

Thanks in advance.

Robie.

6 Comments

if you buy an unlocked phone, you can use it on any network, including 3.

I'm in the same situation. I had a 3 Skypephone, it got stolen, 3 sent me a new SIM card, I threw it into an old unlocked phone, it didn't work, called 3 and they told me it has be a 3G phone.

I don't know much about today's new fandangled phones either, so it might be relevant to you to look for a 3G phone. Just saying.

Any unlocked phone will not work with 3 you have to make sure it's a 3G handset.

Original Poster

Riddles;2386633

Any unlocked phone will not work with 3 you have to make sure it's a 3G … Any unlocked phone will not work with 3 you have to make sure it's a 3G handset.

Just to be sure: so all I need to do is make sure that the phone supports/is compatible with '3G' then it will work with 3. Therefore, I don't need to worry about triband, gprs, gsm etc as I don't understand any of those things (I am thick :0).

Therefore, I should buy a '3G' compatible phone and unlock it or buy it unlocked.

Yeah that's it. any 3G handset unlocked or just buy and ex3 handset off ebay, that's what I usually do

Original Poster

Riddles;2387669

Yeah that's it. any 3G handset unlocked or just buy and ex3 handset off … Yeah that's it. any 3G handset unlocked or just buy and ex3 handset off ebay, that's what I usually do

Mucho gracias Seniore.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767189
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014475
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7061339
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!44

See more discussions