Found 22nd Jan 2011
Im due an upgrade from orange but still have 6 months of my contract left.
now does this mean i have to sign up to a new contract?

i always thought i could just get a free upgrade as in a free handset and continue my current contract till it finishes

9 Comments

How do you manage to be due for an upgrade when you still have 6 months contract left??

No chance they will let you have a new phone without signing a new contract

Original Poster

turns out it was 3 months not 6, got my dates mixed up

Orange will let you upgrade your handset 3 months before your contract with them ends but you will have to take out a new contract with them and the 3 months from your old contract will be added to it, so if you enter into a new 24 month contract then you will be with them for 27 months, the same as if you waited with your old handset and took out a new contract in 3 months time BUT if you wait out the 3 months you can shop around all the other networks and get the best poss deal!! Orange upgrades tend to be a bit crap too I'm afraid, they charge for the better handsets with only the inferior ones for free!:p

^ what she said. They don't give out free phones, you are tied into a contract for 18/24 months (plus what's left on your old one) when you take a new handset.
Edited by: "steve1221" 22nd Jan 2011

He's a she actually!!!:p

tangoed66

Dho. Sorry, corrected. . . (there really should a way to tell!).

Banned

Count his willies. If the answer is zero, he's a she.

I got a good deal, if your going to take their first offer more fool you id say!

tangoed66

dunfyboy

Count his willies. If the answer is zero, he's a she.

I know! If it's any consolation the cat on my avi is a he!!

LOL
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Foo fighters presale code.2829
    2. Xbox 360 - Noisy PSU?59
    3. Skateboarding advice (beginner) 25/yo213
    4. With or without cream?22

See more discussions