Mobile WiFi for Spain and then normal use back home?

Found 14th May
I'm currently with EE but I've noted that apparently o2 will get better signal in my house and was tempted to go with them.
Rather than pay a fortune for a seperate mobile WiFi SIM for the family I wondered about upgrading my own normal usage SIM to about 20 to 30gb and tethering. anyone resolved this quandary before?
Community Updates
AskMobilesSpain
8 Comments
Trying to write these queries on a phone is annoying. Hard to see what's written.
Not sure I exactly understand what your getting at but here goes on what I think your asking.

I’m on o2 and have been to Italy, Spain, Holland and France (going to Portugal next month too) and have been able to use my normal data/calls allowance in Europe, I have used it to tether to a tablet/laptop and not incurred any additional charges. There are also some additional bolt ons that might be useful for a small fee. I have 10gb of data and unlimited calls/texts.
I have a 3 data only SIM for a mifi. In the UK in have 20 GB per month but this is lowered to 12 GB when abroad. Cyprus for me. Any usage over 12 GB will incur a cost.
Edited by: "r4rcm" 15th May
Do people not realize we are still in the EU ?
mattsk1 h, 31 m ago

Do people not realize we are still in the EU ?

? How does that help me decide between getting a separate mobile WiFi SIM for just over month or upping the data on my normal contact and using my mobile as a hotspot
gacameron0143 m ago

? How does that help me decide between getting a separate mobile WiFi SIM …? How does that help me decide between getting a separate mobile WiFi SIM for just over month or upping the data on my normal contact and using my mobile as a hotspot

first your question doesnt really make sense
secondly you with EU law you should have data allowence to use abroad for free
thirdly if you want something cheap why would you go with mobile internet when you are in the uk?
mattsk10 m ago

first your question doesnt really make sensesecondly you with EU law you …first your question doesnt really make sensesecondly you with EU law you should have data allowence to use abroad for freethirdly if you want something cheap why would you go with mobile internet when you are in the uk?

At home,
-i use my mobile phone
-my kids use the home wifi

On holiday
-I use my mobile phone
-my kids use mobile wifi (seperate hotspot or my phone)

My current contract has insufficient data to cover all of us on holiday
- do i up my existing mobile contract for more data
- or what's the cheapest sim i can get for just _one_ month - but with about 20gb
i
gacameron0122 m ago

At home, -i use my mobile phone-my kids use the home wifiOn holiday-I use …At home, -i use my mobile phone-my kids use the home wifiOn holiday-I use my mobile phone-my kids use mobile wifi (seperate hotspot or my phone)My current contract has insufficient data to cover all of us on holiday - do i up my existing mobile contract for more data - or what's the cheapest sim i can get for just _one_ month - but with about 20gb

its unlikely you will get 20gb abroad.
Vodafone - you can use all your allowance (whatever that is) but prices are going to be high for one off contract deal
3 - 9gb on PAYG, 12gb on Monthly
BT - 15gb
O2 - no limit on pay monthly but considering they charge 40+quid for 20gb is outrageous, 10gb on PAYG
EE - same as o2

i doubt MiFi will be any cheaper.

my solution would be paying for wifi access abroad.

PS> mobile operators CAN charge you if you overstay abroad and continue to use your local allowance
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants