Mobilephone direct

Posted 4th Nov
Does anyone know if This company gets their mobile phones from South Asia instead from the retail store ?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
It's owned by carphone warehouse, so all legit
RadiantDuck04/11/2019 22:42

I'd want to know the specific company's website URL or co number that OP is referring to prior to making comment.
AndyRoyd04/11/2019 23:23

I'd want to know the specific company's website URL or co number that OP …I'd want to know the specific company's website URL or co number that OP is referring to prior to making comment.

I assumed they meant this one: mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/
RadiantDuck04/11/2019 23:28

I assumed they meant this one: https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/

Me too, but with BF & Christmas approaching you never know what dubious cloned sites are tempting peeps with scam deals.
RadiantDuck04/11/2019 22:42

Vodafone say the phones come from South Asia and they faulty phones
Taz0905/11/2019 08:48

Vodafone say the phones come from South Asia and they faulty phones

Could you share the exact website you're looking at? That way we can tell if we're talking about the right company.
38905755-YmbfB.jpg
RadiantDuck05/11/2019 08:50

Could you share the exact website you're looking at? That way we can tell …Could you share the exact website you're looking at? That way we can tell if we're talking about the right company.

It’s the mobilephinesdirect.co.uk, and I spoke with Vodafone to see if I can get a deal but that’s what they said that’s it’s a third party seller
Taz0905/11/2019 08:50

[Image]

That sounds like Vodafone trying very hard to justify their more expensive product to me
RadiantDuck05/11/2019 08:50

Could you share the exact website you're looking at? That way we can tell …Could you share the exact website you're looking at? That way we can tell if we're talking about the right company.

38905771-6utji.jpg
RadiantDuck05/11/2019 08:51

That sounds like Vodafone trying very hard to justify their more expensive …That sounds like Vodafone trying very hard to justify their more expensive product to me

So which one is the scammer lol
Taz0905/11/2019 08:51

It’s the mobilephinesdirect.co.uk, and I spoke with Vodafone to see if I c …It’s the mobilephinesdirect.co.uk, and I spoke with Vodafone to see if I can get a deal but that’s what they said that’s it’s a third party seller

They're owned by Carphone warehouse, and they are legitimate UK approved handsets. What they won't have is Vodafone (or any other networks) software tweaks and locking. Which means the phone will work with all networks but might not work with WiFi calling if the network offers it.
RadiantDuck05/11/2019 08:54

They're owned by Carphone warehouse, and they are legitimate UK approved …They're owned by Carphone warehouse, and they are legitimate UK approved handsets. What they won't have is Vodafone (or any other networks) software tweaks and locking. Which means the phone will work with all networks but might not work with WiFi calling if the network offers it.

Just weird why would Vodafone say that
Taz0905/11/2019 08:52

So which one is the scammer lol

None really, like their owners, Carphone warehouse, they buy a bunch of sim free phones from the manufacturer, i.e Samsung and then pair them with sim only contracts from the networks. Vodafone and the like would obviously prefer you to go direct with them as they often charge more.
Edited by: "RadiantDuck" 5th Nov
RadiantDuck05/11/2019 08:59

None really, like their owners, Carphone warehouse, they buy a bunch of …None really, like their owners, Carphone warehouse, they buy a bunch of sim free phones from the manufacturer, i.e Samsung and then pair them with sim only contracts from the networks. Vodafone and the like would obviously prefer you to go direct with them as they often charge more.

Hahah safe to buy , thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants