Groups

Mobilephonesdirect - Rejected Claim

Can someone please check this for me. I'm on a 24 month contract which started in Feb this year. I've already claimed for month 6, so now they want month 9, which I make to be October. I nearly forgot about the claim but got around to it yesterday. I sent them the bill from October which had the billing dates October 18th to November 17th. They have rejected it but only cited general terms, so I don't know why. Their terms are ""Please note that claims must be received within 60 days from the date shown on the mobile bill you provide to be valid." So by my calculations I am still within my 60 days. Is it them being arsey or am I going mad?

9 Comments

Upto inc yesterday and 18th October, I make it 57 days. Cutting it a bit fine, but you still within 60 days as per T&C. Best to get in touch explaining that you worked out 57 days so within 60 day period. Perhaps mobilephonedirect had other reasons why it got rejected which you should be fully explained why.
    Edited by: "Tweedie" 14th Dec 2016

does your bill show any charges not paid? first thing they check as any arrears and they reject it.

Phone customer services and ask to speak to a manager. It should state somewhere within the terms and conditions the complaints process if a manager cannot help (Ombudsman details etc.). If the manager accepts your claim, try and wrangle something free from them as well for the hassle (e.g. 1 month free)

just a tip. Make entries in your calendar to remind about when to submit claims. I'm paying £14.99 a month but
    no way would I pay that without the cashback. Works out to be £3 a month after. I'm with mobiles.co.uk and
    so far its been perfect regarding claiming cashback

shabbird

just a tip. Make entries in your calendar to remind about when to submit … just a tip. Make entries in your calendar to remind about when to submit claims. I'm paying £14.99 a month but no way would I pay that without the cashback. Works out to be £3 a month after. I'm with mobiles.co.uk and so far its been perfect regarding claiming cashback

snap, you must be with EE plan like mine! Good tip too.

Tweedie

snap, you must be with EE plan like mine! Good tip too.

correct thanks to HUKD

shabbird

correct thanks to HUKD

Me too, but if you think flattery to HUKD might give you a gold raindeer, you better think again! X)
    (ps, I love you HUKD!)

Tweedie

Me too, but if you think flattery to HUKD might give you a gold raindeer, … Me too, but if you think flattery to HUKD might give you a gold raindeer, you better think again! X)(ps, I love you HUKD!)

lol. You never know what will attract those golden deers (_;)

Original Poster

It's been rejected again, and they have said this:

"According to the date of your connection (4/2/2016), you are not eligible for cashback at this time. Your claim has unfortunately not matched the below criteria to be paid:

Cashback on 24 month contracts is claimed during billing months 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18 from the date of connection or upgrade.
    Cashback on 12 month contracts is claimed during billing months 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 from the date of connection or upgrade.

For Example: If your 24 month air-time contract was connected on the 1st of January ? You would make your first claim when you received your June bill. You then have 60 days from your 6th bill to submit a copy to us using the webform claim."

I'm confused about this as their terms say nothing about the connection date. As other posters have said I am (just about) within my 60 days from the date of the 18th of October bill, which was the 9th bill. They are now saying it's from connection date. Are they moving the goalposts?
    I'm not sure what is going on.
    Edited by: "Dopple" 14th Dec 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xiaomi phones46
      2. buy to let mortgage11
      3. Cheapest Amazon Prime subscription?11
      4. best place to buy batteries in bulk11

See more discussions