Groups

Mobiles for the hard of hearing..Help..

My mum who is wanting a new mobile ,she also has hearing aids ,she is looking for a mobile as her phone bills are getting to high with her land line..(chatting to much with her pals on there mobiles.)She is also totally blind but the mobiles the RNIB have arent very good for the hard of hearing and thats more of a problem than than the sight.Having a look around the net there is afew but for the price and the look of them they are over priced and look like kids toys from the pound shop.Has anyone come across a easy to use mobile that has amplfied sound? I would be very grateful for the input..Thanks..

6 Comments

Look up Doro Easy Phones.
    Doro Website

They have HAC – Hearing Aid Compatibility.
    An important feature for hearing aid users. Most of our mobile phones are rated M3/T3 or higher, meaning they will work with most types of hearing aids.
    Edited by: "jennyrocks" 4th Apr 2011

Original Poster

jennyrocks

Look up Doro Easy Phones.Doro WebsiteThey have HAC – Hearing Aid C … Look up Doro Easy Phones.Doro WebsiteThey have HAC – Hearing Aid Compatibility.An important feature for hearing aid users. Most of our mobile phones are rated M3/T3 or higher, meaning they will work with most types of hearing aids.

Thank You ,i will have a wee look..:)

Original Poster

raptorcigs

Your text here

They do look like that lol

This info was on a site for the deaf and hard of hearing .....

Nokia are renowned for being "deaf aware" and have excellent amplification on their phones, incoming as well as for ringtones etc.

Ask to try phones in the store before you buy if you can, tell them that's the only way they'll get a sale.....

I would say try for yourself though. But the info may be a useful start point.

if she made an appointment with the audiologist they would be able to help with finding one for her
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927341
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767213
      3. love affairs45
      4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983130

See more discussions