Mobiles from TobyDeals

Found 2nd Jul
Hi,
Quick question... are mobiles from Tobydeals ready to use with a UK SIM?
Looking at the Nokia 6 on there but not sure if it's a wise move?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Not sure, some have a regional lock on them like Samsung phones so they can't be used (if a Chinese model).

Not exactly on topic, but I'd spend the extra £10 or so and get one from eBay with the 10% Australia code to get extra protection from eBay (since it's from Ireland it's more likely to be an EU model without SIM issues too).
Opinion above not disputed, but consider alternative viewpoints:
TD product page has no mention of any limiting region lock, plus TD spec data indicates all UK bands are satisfied.
Believe TD accepts direct payment by credit card. If so, pay TD directly via credit card to benefit from UK based and UK-enforcible replicated 12months merchant warranty & delivery obligations. Best you could hope for from an Irish ebay purchase would be 6m of whatever PayPal cover that PayPal deems fit, with no simple options to enforce the vendor or PayPal to perform.
No additional import fees to pay with a direct TD purchase.
AndyRoyd20 m ago

Opinion above not disputed, but consider alternative viewpoints:TD product …Opinion above not disputed, but consider alternative viewpoints:TD product page has no mention of any limiting region lock, plus TD spec data indicates all UK bands are satisfied.Believe TD accepts direct payment by credit card. If so, pay TD directly via credit card to benefit from UK based and UK-enforcible replicated 12months merchant warranty & delivery obligations. Best you could hope for from an Irish ebay purchase would be 6m of whatever PayPal cover that PayPal deems fit, with no simple options to enforce the vendor or PayPal to perform.No additional import fees to pay with a direct TD purchase.

True with the S75 rule, but I'd not risk putting my card details into Toby Deals...

There was a thread on here the other day about someone buying a LG G7 from eGlobal and it not working due to the region lock, even after buying and trying a China Mobile SIM (as it was roaming)! I would risk with Toby Deals only if the price difference was significantly cheaper.

Price is dropping anyway due to the Nokia 6.1 being released - I'd wait until Prime Day where foreign Amazon sites might drop the Nokia 6's price (as it's a CPW exclusive in the UK).
jamie0159 m ago

True with the S75 rule, but I'd not risk putting my card details into Toby …True with the S75 rule, but I'd not risk putting my card details into Toby Deals...

Opinion respected. When I have purchased from sister co EGC via credit card, EGC used a standard (and S75-friendly) gateway so EGC / the merchant would not be able to see the card details, but that may simply defer any (dis)comfort factor from the merchant to the gateway provider !
AndyRoyd11 m ago

Opinion respected. When I have purchased from sister co EGC via credit …Opinion respected. When I have purchased from sister co EGC via credit card, EGC used a standard (and S75-friendly) gateway so EGC / the merchant would not be able to see the card details, but that may simply defer any (dis)comfort factor from the merchant to the gateway provider !

Any idea on who the gateway provider is?
jamie01526 m ago

Any idea on who the gateway provider is?

Ha, I distinctly remember taking a screenshot on the gateway page, but have no idea where I've saved it! Best recollection would be Oceanpayment - but I might be confusing that with a BangGood purchase (but I do definitely remember that EGC appeared as the merchant on the credit card statement). Maybe ask on one of the recent TD deal threads? Somebody may have a better memory than me.
RiverDragon81 h, 53 m ago

Why don't you buy it from your own deal you posted?

I want the Nokia 6 (2018)
Anyone else know?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions