Groups

Mobiles.co.uk

Can anyone please clarify if phones from Mobiles.co.uk come unlocked if you buy on contract?

Thanks in advance

9 Comments

mine was . galaxy s7

mine was s6

srp111

mine was . galaxy s7

Interesting. The company is part of Carphone Warehouse Ltd. CPWL do not sell locked contract handsets, except maybe the quirk of the fruit flavoured items that may lock to first carrier it sees. Maybe CPWL subsidiaries have a different source of stock.

Bought several contracts from them and sister company E2save all phones were unlocked

No not unlocked i ordered iphone 6s it was locked to O2

I have bought galaxy note from them and they were unlocked. I think apple phones are different though if you are getting an i phone.

To clarify earlier comment: Mobiles.co.uk is part of Carphone Warehouse Ltd, and CPWL state "most" of its phones are supplied unlocked including iphones, although iphones will lock to the carrier of the first SIM used. It seems unusual that a subsidiary company does not replicate the parent company's terms. CPWL unlocked statement here: selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/Sel….do?view()=c{ede583e0-1fa9-11df-4872-f20203001e3d}

Their Android phones are unlocked, iPhones may be different.

Original Poster

Thanks alot guys, much appreciated.
    Edited by: "jamalansary" 2nd Feb
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22

See more discussions