Mobiles.co.uk, new or refurbished phones?

I ordered an iphone SE from mobiles.co.uk the other day under the impression that it was brand new as it doesn state otherwise. My phone has arrived in av cellophaned box looking brand new etc. However during my set up of the phone it keeps asking me for multiple other peoples apple ID, which makes me thing that it is a refurbished phone. Can someone shed some light on this for me before I ring them and potentially make a fool of myself! Thanks!

12 Comments

I have bought a few from them, galaxy note, and always brand new.

just ring them

They're 0871 number which is a nuisance

send it back!

mutley1

Use the app WEQ4U for 08.. numbers.

mutley1

Try 01923 805555

Bought a phone for my girlfriend from here before - it was refurbished BUT it clearly stated this when buying. Might be worth double checking your order to see whether or not you ordered a refurbished phone without realising.

Original Poster

bobdylan

Try 01923 805555

Sadly that number doesn't work.

hollie144

Sadly that number doesn't work.

They take blooming ages to answer the phone as well. If you don't have 08 numbers as inclusive minutes, best use the landline, which is still expensive but still cheaper than the mobile charges for 087 numbers

RiverDragon8

Use the app WEQ4U for 08.. numbers.

I would be interested to see if the app can call this number. Heard about the app but never used it before.

Original Poster

Thanks for the responses! Managed to get it sorted with a new (i hope this time) one being sent out to me!

hollie144

Thanks for the responses! Managed to get it sorted with a new (i hope … Thanks for the responses! Managed to get it sorted with a new (i hope this time) one being sent out to me!

Glad to hear. Did you use the weq4u app to call them?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mountain bike £200-£30022
    2. Problem with new double glazed installation44
    3. Any know of offers on London eye and Maddam Tussauds please34
    4. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?89

See more discussions