Groups
    EXPIRED

Mobiles.co.uk question

mobiles.co.uk/o2-…tml

I am looking at getting the first o2 deal listed, am I right in thinking;

- I will pay £15 a month for 2 years
    - Get a free T303 clearance
    - Get a free Acer laptop

And the only charges i'll get will be £15 montly for 2 years? Thanks!

20 Comments

not a bad deal. the deal is 18 months though not 2 years
    can you get by on a 100mins though!

Original Poster

It's 24 months, it even says it;

O2 100
    (24 months)

And yeah lol, as I have around 4 blyk SIMs I don't need many minutes, but the texts I really need and unlimited is perfect. Can anyone confirm all I will be paying is £15 monthly for 2 years, and I will have no other charges for any of the free items or any other kind of charge?

Click on the free laptop and it says:

That's right a Free Acer 5315 laptop is yours on many £35 a month tariffs when you connect to an 18 month contract. There are no catches or small print, your laptop will be delivered at the same time as your new mobile!

It has an 80GB hard drive capacity with 1GB MB memory, DVD Player and 3 USB connections. It is Wireless Enabled meaning you can connect to the internet in a wireless hotspot or in any room at home using a wireless modem. Lightweight and small at only 2.8KG, 42.6mm high, 274mm wide and 352 mm in depth, it is very portable. It has an Intel Celeron Processor 540 meaning you wont be sitting for hours waiting for the internet to load or your games to start.

NB The clearance Acer Laptop has been sent out to a customer and then returned unused. On its return, the Laptop is fully inspected and reconditioned where necessary by trained technicians. The Clearance Acer Laptop is provided in as new condition with a full 12 month Manufacturers warranty

so you get a Referb laptop if you take out a £35 month contract ...doesnt sound like a good deal to me tbh

Insurance is only free for the first month - £5.99 thereafter unless you cancel it.

I take it that you don't want my Vostro anymore then :-(

Original Poster

That's confusing as it clearly says monthly: £15

Bhav007;4754179

That's confusing as it clearly says monthly: £15

yeah all contracts say things like that until you read the small print

If you really want to stick with the deal go with the free £150 cashback, wait for your cheque to arrive then put it towards a nice little netbook / laptop

Original Poster

midlandscomics;4754173

Insurance is only free for the first month - £5.99 thereafter unless you … Insurance is only free for the first month - £5.99 thereafter unless you cancel it.I take it that you don't want my Vostro anymore then :-(

Person is taking years to decide, so i've decided to decide for them, and as I need a contract, I thought may as well get a laptop free

Sorry for not letting you know sooner, I was suspended whole of yesterday and only decided today, so feel free to sell your laptop if you want mate :-D

Original Poster

Wenchybev;4754189

yeah all contracts say things like that until you read the small print

I'll call them and ask :-D

Bhav007;4754194

Person is taking years to decide, so i've decided to decide for them, and … Person is taking years to decide, so i've decided to decide for them, and as I need a contract, I thought may as well get a laptop free :)Sorry for not letting you know sooner, I was suspended whole of yesterday and only decided today, so feel free to sell your laptop if you want mate :-D

Bhav007;4754196

I'll call them and ask :-D

dont forget they are Referbished laptops not new

on an 18 month contract @ 35 youd be paying £630 for a second hand laptop and a phone ...better deals elsewhere

Original Poster

I have been waiting on the line for about 10 minutes this is ridiculous!

You do get the Acer on the £15 24 month contract with the T303 - see here mobiles.co.uk/fre…tml

Don't forget - £40 Quidco cashback too.

andythebrave;4754373

You do get the Acer on the £15 24 month contract with the T303 - see here … You do get the Acer on the £15 24 month contract with the T303 - see here http://www.mobiles.co.uk/free-acer-laptop.htmlDon't forget - £40 Quidco cashback too.

It says you do until you click on the free gift option /select laptop...then it says £35 tarrifs

Original Poster

Wenchybev;4754426

It says you do until you click on the free gift option /select … It says you do until you click on the free gift option /select laptop...then it says £35 tarrifs

Could that be because when they first added that laptop those were the only tarriffs available; and they haven't changed the text?

Bhav007;4754450

Could that be because when they first added that laptop those were the … Could that be because when they first added that laptop those were the only tarriffs available; and they haven't changed the text?

Very much doubt it / only way to find out is email and ask or phone them, but Im sure you can see what I mean when you click on the free gift opion then select info

If a deal sounds to good it usually is

Wenchybev;4754426

It says you do until you click on the free gift option /select … It says you do until you click on the free gift option /select laptop...then it says £35 tarrifs

You get that when you click on the link to see more information about the laptop, but you can add the laptop to basket with the £15 tariff and pay etc.

Original Poster

Wenchybev;4754485

Very much doubt it / only way to find out is email and ask or phone them, … Very much doubt it / only way to find out is email and ask or phone them, but Im sure you can see what I mean when you click on the free gift opion then select infoIf a deal sounds to good it usually is

Another website has similar priced deals, so i'm pretty sure it's for real

Bhav007;4754631

Another website has similar priced deals, so i'm pretty sure it's for … Another website has similar priced deals, so i'm pretty sure it's for real

are they also refurbs?
    I'd still phone & check with this after seeing the info part - but thats my opinion, go with what you feel is right

Original Poster

Wenchybev;4754646

are they also refurbs?I'd still phone & check with this after seeing the … are they also refurbs?I'd still phone & check with this after seeing the info part - but thats my opinion, go with what you feel is right

I waited on the phone for around 10-15 minutes but was still on hold, God knows what the charges are for that lol, will e-mail them

yep, dunno what i was thinking, it is a 24 month deal. looked at the 18 months free bit....doh!. anyway i would call them. here is the freephone number if you didn't get through.
    0800 0813344

p.s. i hear that this firms service is going down hill at the moment...going bust soon maybe. won't matter if you get your laptop straight away, but i wouldn't trust em with cashback!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions