Expired

Mobiles.co.uk Redemption cashback - worth the risk?

Found 29th May 2013
Thinking of getting a contract through Mobiles.co.uk and lowering the cost of the thing through redemption and cashback. Is it worth the risk?
Community Updates
12 Comments
had several cashback deals with them, never any problems as long as you keep on top of it
Original Poster
ohdaesu

had several cashback deals with them, never any problems as long as you … had several cashback deals with them, never any problems as long as you keep on top of it

What's the legality of it all? I mean, it's not an obligation is it? (As far as I know.)
I have had four cheques so far and it has been paid fairly fast as well.
Original Poster
And how easy is claiming cashback through redemption?
Never had a problem with them myself. If you can work a calendar you should be fine
Original Poster
tuckeral

Never had a problem with them myself. If you can work a calendar you … Never had a problem with them myself. If you can work a calendar you should be fine

What do you actually do though in terms of getting the cashback? And how is it delivered?
I never had a problem, read the T+Cs that will tell you all you need to know and stick to. relatively easy, you send them copies of your bill on specific months and they send out a cheque.
hammeredpizza

What do you actually do though in terms of getting the cashback? And how … What do you actually do though in terms of getting the cashback? And how is it delivered?

On the date required you have to send them your bill then they send you a cheque, usually get 60 days to get them the bill
Original Poster
ohdaesu

On the date required you have to send them your bill then they send you a … On the date required you have to send them your bill then they send you a cheque, usually get 60 days to get them the bill

Sounds reasonable enough. Reckon I'll go for it then. Still feeling a little apprehensive, but if the £100 Quidco goes through, that'll ease my worries somewhat.
Mod
Got one of these for my dad. After cashback it works out at £0.97 per month which was for basic phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace), 100 mins, unlimited texts and 500MB data.
So far have done 2 claims which have gone through fine. Need to do 5 claims throughout the term at months 6, 9, 12, 15 & 18.
I've used E2save twice before and had no problem with the cashback. I received an email on March 28th to say that they'd received and accepted my first claim which I'd posted recorded about a week before. There's still no sign of payment. Are they always so sloooooooooooooooooow?
hey guys,

what happens if one of these companies goes belly up during that period?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions