Mobiles.co.uk reputable?

Found 1st Jun 2017
Hi all,

Saw a decent deal for the iPhone 7 plus on mobiles.co.uk but was put off by the mixed reviews - bad customer service etc (premium rate number or long queue times)

Has anyone had any dealings with them before?

thanks.
Community Updates
AskMobilesMobile Phone
14 Comments
I was put off by the bad reviews, but decided to take the chance with them that was two years ago and I never had an issue receiving my cashback. I have also just pre ordered the xz premium with them as they had the cheapest deal. Hope that helps
Original Poster
Sammiejay77

I was put off by the bad reviews, but decided to take the chance with … I was put off by the bad reviews, but decided to take the chance with them that was two years ago and I never had an issue receiving my cashback. I have also just pre ordered the xz premium with them as they had the cheapest deal. Hope that helps

Ok Cheers!!! The reviews confused me a bit! All the positive ones seemed to be one-liners which I'm always a little suspicious of!
I ordered my IPhone SE last October arrived next day and had/have no issues at all with them :-)
My second time using them just ordered a red iPhone 7 from them, zero problems with my other contract.
I'm sure they are a Carphone Warehouse brand
Generally OK. Seem to honour redemption cashback offers without demanding too much jumping thru hoops (until they cease trading), otherwise once they've shifted you the phone there isn't much requirement for aftersales / customer service.
Part of dixons group like carphone warehouse and a few others
Used them for years, very reliable and any cashback can be done by email
Used before they are decent
Part of carphone warehouse and e2save. Never had a problem.
For the trillionth time....
Took my contract in October 2015 and I am still waiting for my £40 automatic cashback.
Emailed customer services 12 times and phoned about 7. Maybe my 13th email will bring some luck..
MacMil

Took my contract in October 2015 and I am still waiting for my £40 … Took my contract in October 2015 and I am still waiting for my £40 automatic cashback. Emailed customer services 12 times and phoned about 7. Maybe my 13th email will bring some luck..

Letter before action: I refer to my mobiles.co.uk account / order reference xxxx. That order is subject to a £40 automatic cashback incentive that is yet to be paid. I have contacted mobiles.cok on circa total 19 occasions via telephone and electronic messaging attempting to resolve the oustanding payment, the most recent being dd mm yyyy. I am yet to receive a credible indication of when the outstanding £40 cashback will be paid.
Unless I receive notification by (insert date of today + 7 days) of when the £40 shall be applied to my account / wired to me / attached to the leg of a carrier pigeon that knows my address, I shall consider legal redress that may include additional reasonable costs. I look forward to your prompt response. Love, you.
Retain copy of signed letter. Put original letter in envelope. Address the envelope to: The Company Secretary, The Carphone Warehouse Limited (mobiles.cok), 1 Portal Way, London W3 6RS. Take envelope to Post Office. Pay for first class stamp. Ask for and retain a certificate of posting / proof of posting that shows the recipient address and cost of postage paid. Your letter will be regarded as legally served, regardless of whether it reaches its destination / is eaten by Royal Mail mice / suffers any other major trauma en route legislation.gov.uk/ukp…n/7
Await non-response. When the non-response 7days has passed, file an MCOL moneyclaim.gov.uk/web…ome and if the claim ever reaches tribunal / arbitration / court, rejoice at listening to adjudicator / judge repeat the slip-up references to mobiles.cok followed by asking the question why that description is not valid in the circumstances.
Reputable yes but useless, also owned by the carphone warehouse, any complaints and you're out of luck as they're not a member of the ombudsman.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants