Groups

Mobo awards needs subtitles

I'm watching the mobo awards and I can't understand most of what is being said. Should be subtitles?

34 Comments

Banned

Yep

It should say

"Why are you watching this ****?" at the bottom of the screen at all times.

Managed 10 minutes myself
    Edited by moderator: "swear" 6th Nov 2016

The most racist thing on tv? Turn it off.

What do you expect as most awards ceremonies are tedious?
    I haven't watched but noticed this headline from the BBC:

"Mobo Awards give out prize to wrong band."

If you can't understand, don't watch.

Banned

havoc73

So, Sam Smith & Ian Pons Jewell & Jessie J & Jamiroquai & Mick Hucknall & Eminem & Adele & Plan B & Professor Green & Amy Winehouse best hand their awards back in then for not being black?
    Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 5th Nov 2016

When are the MOWO awards on.

havoc73

​its not racist, its music of black origin.
    I think Amy whinehouse was a performer one year.
    I'm sure somewhere there are country and western awards.
    I haven't done any research but I don't think there will be many black artists nominated.
    however I stand to be corrected, like I said I Haven't done any research whatsoever.

Where's best rock & roll act or best techno act?

It should be called music of black preference.

For some reason MOBO gave an award to Nicola Adams, pointless awards ceremony when they dont even understand their remit?!

Not sure many people take the MOBOs seriously, but it winds certain people up like nothing else so for that reason it's a British institution.
    Edited by: "HotEnglishAndWelshDeals" 5th Nov 2016

Can you imagine MOWO awards. it just would not happen.

KKK

You should try watching the Nashville Country Awards!
    But seriously, the only racists are probably those complaining about these awards

drtongue

Too boring, all classical music.

Original Poster

Even some of the white people had black? accents and saying things like "you hearing me?" "You naaaa a meen?" and messing with their underwear and acting shifty. Is this how young people behave and talk these days? If so the country is doomed LOL

drtongue

Because not much music is of white origin...

I just looked at the winners list and only recognised that bloke from Bo Selecta.

Glad he's back and just hope he's looking after Kes X)

Madchester

Even some of the white people had black? accents and saying things like … Even some of the white people had black? accents and saying things like "you hearing me?" "You naaaa a meen?" and messing with their underwear and acting shifty. Is this how young people behave and talk these days? If so the country is doomed LOL

Wtf is a "black accent"?

Banned

dtovey89

Wtf is a "black accent"?

It should be "black gansta accent"

Madchester

Even some of the white people had black? accents and saying things like … Even some of the white people had black? accents and saying things like "you hearing me?" "You naaaa a meen?" and messing with their underwear and acting shifty. Is this how young people behave and talk these days? If so the country is doomed LOL

Acting shifty? X) X) X)

YouDontWantToKnow

It should be "black gansta accent"

What is that?

Banned

dtovey89

What is that?

Stop being disingenuous. Google it

Original Poster

Yes I think black gangsta accent is more what I'm getting at, you wivme, you herein me, aaaight.
    Edited by: "Madchester" 6th Nov 2016

Banned

Madchester

Yes I thing black gangsta accent is more what I'm getting at, you wivme, … Yes I thing black gangsta accent is more what I'm getting at, you wivme, you herein me, aaaight.

Everything I hear a white guy speak like that I cringe with ******* embarrassment!

I really do.

Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 6th Nov 2016

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

Everything I hear a white guy speak like that I cringe it ******* … Everything I hear a white guy speak like that I cringe it ******* embarrassment! I really do.

I am actually genuinely concerned about the future of our society when you hear people talking this way. In 10 years time we might have bank managers who look like and sound don't like Ali G!

Edited by: "Madchester" 6th Nov 2016

Banned

Madchester

I am actually genuinely concerned about the future of our society when … I am actually genuinely concerned about the future of our society when you hear people talking this way. In 10 years time we might have bank managers who look like and sound don't like Ali G!

Ali G has already been an MP

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/IlMjQrpAPHo/maxresdefault.jpg

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

Ali G has already been an MP

Sacha Baron Cohen is a visionary. I'm planning my Australia visa!

Banned

Madchester

I'm planning my Australia visa!

Let me know when his wife dumps him. She is gorgeous!

Original Poster

Yeah gorgeous
    http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t538/antb774/IMG_0054_zpsb6z8x80f.jpg

Fanny fart

YouDontWantToKnow

So, Sam Smith & Ian Pons Jewell & Jessie J & Jamiroquai & Mick Hucknall & … So, Sam Smith & Ian Pons Jewell & Jessie J & Jamiroquai & Mick Hucknall & Eminem & Adele & Plan B & Professor Green & Amy Winehouse best hand their awards back in then for not being black?

​maybe if the great vanilla ice never got one for lifetime achievement.

I say that as a joke
    obviously

Banned

Madchester

Yeah gorgeousFanny fart

Oh dont!!

I had the unfortunate privilege of watching that film last week... When I start a film I have to watch to the end & I am still disturbed by it!!

YouDontWantToKnow

Stop being disingenuous. Google it

No you tell me what you mean.

Are you referring to a London accent (not going into different areas)? That accent isn't exclusive to Black people.

What about people from Manchester or Liverpool or Glasgow?

What about New York? Los Angeles?

None of these accents are the same and none are exclusive to Black people.

Banned

dtovey89

No you tell me what you mean. Are you referring to a London accent (not … No you tell me what you mean. Are you referring to a London accent (not going into different areas)? That accent isn't exclusive to Black people. What about people from Manchester or Liverpool or Glasgow? What about New York? Los Angeles? None of these accents are the same and none are exclusive to Black people.

Are you Fred Smith? Me thinks so

YouDontWantToKnow

Are you Fred Smith? Me thinks so

Far from it.

Are you bigoted? Me thinks so.

dtovey89

No you tell me what you mean. Are you referring to a London accent (not … No you tell me what you mean. Are you referring to a London accent (not going into different areas)? That accent isn't exclusive to Black people. What about people from Manchester or Liverpool or Glasgow? What about New York? Los Angeles? None of these accents are the same and none are exclusive to Black people.

Humongous what?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767204
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1013
      3. word association Game73844474
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553782

See more discussions