Modern cars have amazing optional extras

Found 6th Jun
2950694-9Xvtx.jpgsaw this car for sale on gumtree. advertisement states it has low fuel warning light! didn't think this was possible, it's amazing how fast technology moves
Community Updates
MiscCar
Top comments
I believe BMW are looking at introducing working indicators for their cars for the first time ever!
42 Comments
I saw a car on the TV show Highest Gear.
It had "movement sticks" near the steering apparatus.
You moved the stick, then lights on the inside and outside flashed, to alert people who were altering your direction.

And get this, a different car had retractable glass window panes. Which could be lowered, so you could throw your cigarette butts and rubbish into the street has you drove.

We live in golden age of technology and no mistake
On some cars, it also shows you how many miles you can travel with the amount of fuel left in your tank.
There's also this in development by Jaguar.

Give him a break, it's his only ad
zworld53 m ago

On some cars, it also shows you how many miles you can travel with the …On some cars, it also shows you how many miles you can travel with the amount of fuel left in your tank.There's also this in development by Jaguar.[Video]

That must be the multiple function computer display as stated on the advertisement
All this modern tech is ruining a good game of fuel light bingo.
Amazes me that most cars don't report the condition of your car battery I.e. how much much life is left in the battery and even if it's charging at all.
I believe BMW are looking at introducing working indicators for their cars for the first time ever!
kashmemon1 h, 54 m ago

I believe BMW are looking at introducing working indicators for their cars …I believe BMW are looking at introducing working indicators for their cars for the first time ever!

You're just being silly now!
Alfa were recently amazed that other manufacturers could make cars that start....
cmdr_elito18 m ago

Alfa were recently amazed that other manufacturers could make cars that …Alfa were recently amazed that other manufacturers could make cars that start....

Well they have spent all their resources on cars that don’t dissolve.
kester766 h, 31 m ago

Amazes me that most cars don't report the condition of your car battery …Amazes me that most cars don't report the condition of your car battery I.e. how much much life is left in the battery and even if it's charging at all.

It amazes me that in the days of Infotainment installations. They don’t have an Easter Egg that shows all Diagnostics info as per OBD2.
Dyslexic_Dog4 h, 47 m ago

You're just being silly now!

As a bmw driver I like them the way they Are... without indicators! There’s no need to advise the peasants where I’m going
zworld8 h, 43 m ago

On some cars, it also shows you how many miles you can travel with the …On some cars, it also shows you how many miles you can travel with the amount of fuel left in your tank.There's also this in development by Jaguar.[Video]

Even the new toyota aygo has all this so expensive cars like bmw Mercedes and jaguars must have all these features
Bluecat78659 m ago

My new toyota aygo has a warning light for low fuel

Yea but with an Aygo you only need to refuel once a year
kashmemon10 h, 6 m ago

I believe BMW are looking at introducing working indicators for their cars …I believe BMW are looking at introducing working indicators for their cars for the first time ever!

That still won't fix the issue

It's about time either BMW did a product recall on the owners to offer further advanced training or a full head transplant and if not our government should step in (like the American government did with VW) and force BMW to stop selling their cars to idiots or fit a anti-stupid driver device. <<That's the only way to ensure BMW's are driven safely.
philphil6133 m ago

That still won't fix the issueIt's about time either BMW did a product …That still won't fix the issueIt's about time either BMW did a product recall on the owners to offer further advanced training or a full head transplant and if not our government should step in (like the American government did with VW) and force BMW to stop selling their cars to idiots or fit a anti-stupid driver device. <<That's the only way to ensure BMW's are driven safely.

you'll be wanting them to have insurance next. That's an optional extra round here as is a driving licence
Fuel gauge tells you low fuel already.
The most amazing optional extra is it tells you, your car is emitting pollution, including green house gases
psychobitchfromhell12 h, 20 m ago

you'll be wanting them to have insurance next. That's an optional extra …you'll be wanting them to have insurance next. That's an optional extra round here as is a driving licence

£100 fine v £1000+ a year for insurance! You can almost understand why!
.MUFC.1 h, 14 m ago

They are insured, insured people pay a premium to cover the costs of people who don't have insurance.
Really good insurance currently in London for moped riders.
No speed limit and drive through mobile phone collection services for free.
.MUFC.1 h, 16 m ago

fair point
adamderak6 m ago

They are insured, insured people pay a premium to cover the costs of …They are insured, insured people pay a premium to cover the costs of people who don't have insurance.Really good insurance currently in London for moped riders.No speed limit and drive through mobile phone collection services for free.

.MUFC.2 h, 3 m ago

adamderak49 m ago

They are insured, insured people pay a premium to cover the costs of …They are insured, insured people pay a premium to cover the costs of people who don't have insurance.Really good insurance currently in London for moped riders.No speed limit and drive through mobile phone collection services for free.

Unless you have no income and no assets, as well as the fine, you are self-insured for any future loss.
Edited by: "splender" 7th Jun
.MUFC.7th Jun

The fixed penalty notice for no insurance is £300 not £100 and a hefty six points which means if you're caught twice it's a ban unless you can plead exceptional hardship and even then you can only use the same excuse once.

John
djswarve6th Jun

As a bmw driver I like them the way they Are... without indicators! …As a bmw driver I like them the way they Are... without indicators! There’s no need to advise the peasants where I’m going

That's because you're always lost
Johnmcl71 h, 32 m ago

The fixed penalty notice for no insurance is £300 not £100 and a hefty six …The fixed penalty notice for no insurance is £300 not £100 and a hefty six points which means if you're caught twice it's a ban unless you can plead exceptional hardship and even then you can only use the same excuse once.John

this might be true but the car can still be driven. Some people think insurance is an optional extra. But like a driver's licence. And actually owning the car in truth.
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 8th Jun
djswarve6th Jun

As a bmw driver I like them the way they Are... without indicators! …As a bmw driver I like them the way they Are... without indicators! There’s no need to advise the peasants where I’m going

Isn't it most peasants driving them usually with a sense of self importance, that somehow the rest of the road needs to respect their 54 plate 3 Series.. wearing a pair of TK Maxx mirrored Sunglasses and a rear seat full of kids eating McDonalds

I thought those with a bit of disposable drive white Audi's or Range Rover Evoques
Edited by: "MrSprkle" 8th Jun
MrSprkle6 m ago

Isn't it most peasants driving them usually with a sense of self …Isn't it most peasants driving them usually with a sense of self importance, that somehow the rest of the road needs to respect their 54 plate 3 Series.. wearing a pair of TK Maxx mirrored Sunglasses and a rear seat full of kids eating McDonaldsI thought those with a bit of disposable drive white Audi's or Range Rover Evoques

Ah. So you've been to Bradford then.
kester766th Jun

Amazes me that most cars don't report the condition of your car battery …Amazes me that most cars don't report the condition of your car battery I.e. how much much life is left in the battery and even if it's charging at all.

All cars have a battery light on the dash telling you if its not charging
Johnmcl712 h, 55 m ago

The fixed penalty notice for no insurance is £300 not £100 and a hefty six …The fixed penalty notice for no insurance is £300 not £100 and a hefty six points which means if you're caught twice it's a ban unless you can plead exceptional hardship and even then you can only use the same excuse once.John

£300 and 6 points is still much less than a lot of people are paying for insurance. Mines £360 and I've got 10 years no claims. Young people whom are less likely to have as much money are having to pay £1500+ a year in most cases. Probably why a minority of them don't bother with insurance.
craigstephens1 h, 41 m ago

All cars have a battery light on the dash telling you if its not charging

I assumed the alternator light just meant the alternator was just giving an output voltage in the correct range and not that the battery was charging correctly or am I wrong ?
.MUFC.2 h, 14 m ago

£300 and 6 points is still much less than a lot of people are paying for …£300 and 6 points is still much less than a lot of people are paying for insurance. Mines £360 and I've got 10 years no claims. Young people whom are less likely to have as much money are having to pay £1500+ a year in most cases. Probably why a minority of them don't bother with insurance.

Only if you're in an area with no anpr unlikely to get caught otherwise it's jailtime for driving without a license after two no insurance offences which I guess is also further cost savings.

John
Johnmcl715 m ago

Only if you're in an area with no anpr unlikely to get caught otherwise …Only if you're in an area with no anpr unlikely to get caught otherwise it's jailtime for driving without a license after two no insurance offences which I guess is also further cost savings.John

3 meals a day, A roof over your head!
kester762 h, 35 m ago

I assumed the alternator light just meant the alternator was just giving …I assumed the alternator light just meant the alternator was just giving an output voltage in the correct range and not that the battery was charging correctly or am I wrong ?

Correct. You are wrong.
craigstephens2 h, 58 m ago

Correct. You are wrong.

So what you're saying is if the light goes out then the battery will charge no matter what.
kester7642 m ago

So what you're saying is if the light goes out then the battery will …So what you're saying is if the light goes out then the battery will charge no matter what.

If the battery light is on while you're driving, it's not charging.
craigstephens4 h, 58 m ago

If the battery light is on while you're driving, it's not charging.

I know but I've heard if your regulator degrades the light could still go out but the battery won't charge so it isn't a given. I guess this is why they check the battery and alternator when you keep getting a flat battery.
MrSprkle8th Jun

Isn't it most peasants driving them usually with a sense of self …Isn't it most peasants driving them usually with a sense of self importance, that somehow the rest of the road needs to respect their 54 plate 3 Series.. wearing a pair of TK Maxx mirrored Sunglasses and a rear seat full of kids eating McDonaldsI thought those with a bit of disposable drive white Audi's or Range Rover Evoques

Well done for attempting to troll me, unfortunately you have misread what I have said. I am a bmw driver, and I am not a peasant. Also it’s what’s commonly known as humour however you have seemingly missed that point and your “funny” response is meh at best
djswarve16 m ago

Well done for attempting to troll me, unfortunately you have misread what …Well done for attempting to troll me, unfortunately you have misread what I have said. I am a bmw driver, and I am not a peasant. Also it’s what’s commonly known as humour however you have seemingly missed that point and your “funny” response is meh at best

First off you have my condolences I'm sure you can part exchange it though, but let me get this right, I missed whats commonly known as humour with my funny response?
33955135-RjPAL.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants