Modern Warfare 2 - No Dedicated Servers

Found 22nd Oct 2009
Right guys sign the petition please :). MW2 will not have any dedicated servers for PC gamers but a match making system this has ruined the game already before its even out. Thousands of gamers have signed the petition support the revolt!

petitiononline.com/mod…4mw

25 Comments

im quite thick :oops: what does this mean in laymans terms???

That is a lot of signatures...!

Original Poster

ViperKeith;6652841

im quite thick :oops: what does this mean in laymans terms???

It means you cannot host your own servers, so no clan training, wars or community gaming anymore!

Original Poster

cbryanp;6652852

That is a lot of signatures...!

Yep, as you can see the PC gaming community are not happy ;-)

ade2j;6652853

It means you cannot host your own servers, so no clan training, wars or … It means you cannot host your own servers, so no clan training, wars or community gaming anymore!

im not a pc gamer but that does suck

Original Poster

ViperKeith;6652877

im not a pc gamer but that does suck

Give it a signature for it sucking

I think pc gamers take things way to seriously, petitions for every single gripe. Wonder how many pc players are postmen...

I signed it a few days ago

Original Poster

natversion1;6652926

I think pc gamers take things way to seriously, petitions for every … I think pc gamers take things way to seriously, petitions for every single gripe. Wonder how many pc players are postmen...

Haha :thumbsup: But its breaking up many server companies, including my own, my community and my clan its what I enjoy and as Cod 5 was such a failure for the PC we were hoping for something amazing for Cod 6.

haha will amount to nothing most of them are free down loaders so a target purchasing audience of console gamers is much more money.

voted dedicated lameness

Original Poster

Alfonse;6652994

haha will amount to nothing most of them are free down loaders so a … haha will amount to nothing most of them are free down loaders so a target purchasing audience of console gamers is much more money.voted dedicated lameness

I partly agree, it will stop free downloadings as they are going to use Steam and VAC anti cheat, but VAC isn't as good as people think but thats another conversation. Just need the dedi support, even with Steam thats fine with me as I play CSS so it would be similar.

might cut down on the cheating tho?

Original Poster

maddogb;6653280

might cut down on the cheating tho?

Punkbuster, VAC both can be bypassed quite easily. There will be hacks out within the first week where ever it is. Look at CS and CSS full of cheats :thinking:

ade2j;6652974

Haha :thumbsup: But its breaking up many server companies, including my … Haha :thumbsup: But its breaking up many server companies, including my own, my community and my clan its what I enjoy and as Cod 5 was such a failure for the PC we were hoping for something amazing for Cod 6.

Fair enough I guess mate, but the L4D2 petition was a bit much aye

Seems a bit of a strange choice from them.

Original Poster

natversion1;6653304

Fair enough I guess mate, but the L4D2 petition was a bit much aye

L4D community is very small and I haven't heard of the petition so I don't know about that. :thumbsup:

ade2j;6653301

Punkbuster, VAC both can be bypassed quite easily. There will be hacks … Punkbuster, VAC both can be bypassed quite easily. There will be hacks out within the first week where ever it is. Look at CS and CSS full of cheats :thinking:

but that is on dedicated servers no? won't it be harder on steam

Original Poster

maddogb;6653511

but that is on dedicated servers no? won't it be harder on steam

CS and CSS are on dedi servers yes, it will be harder on Steam than just on Punkbuster yes. The other cripe is that their match making system will only have USA servers so laggggg all the way, great.

IW messed up, they should just listen to over 118k people complaining and hundreds of cancelled pre-orders and provide dedicated servers instead of awful console style game finding.

Original Poster

rwm24;6655691

IW messed up, they should just listen to over 118k people complaining and … IW messed up, they should just listen to over 118k people complaining and hundreds of cancelled pre-orders and provide dedicated servers instead of awful console style game finding.

Well said! :thumbsup:

In other words it'll be like the matchmaking on the console versions

Banned

Firstly, to the individual claiming PC players get too serious...

PC gaming is serious. It is serious business and seriously fun. Our seriousness is what got us free live, instead of you casuals who pay for s ervice that should be free

Our seriousness is what makes the games and consoles of today.

On another note,

There is just not enough being done about cheating in games on the PC.
If anything, a petition should be started to get these anti cheat vendors to provide us with viable anti cheat systems that do work and work consistently.

VAC, Steam, PB they all have easily exploited flaws and more and more people are finding these cheats and ruining the multiplayer experience.

I dont believe you can cheat on consoles the way you can on the PC so to move on,

A petition should be made to get a mouse and keyboard support for the PS3 (or possibly the xbox)
If we can get FPS mouse and key support, on the PS3, then my money is going towards a PS3 and i will drop PC gaming because cheats are destroying the games!

Original Poster

kapows;6661194

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUpZVnceJx4http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwMa29Iu8k8&feature=related

Haha first vid is glorious!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3481
    2. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz1115
    3. Trying to create a list of short modern video games. Any suggestions?812
    4. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1221

See more discussions