Groups

Modern Warfare 2 Smashes UK sales figures (1.2m in 24hrs)

Predictably Modern Warfare 2 has smashed the previous 24hr sales records held by GTA IV. But the numbers involved are quite astonishing.

Modern Warfare 2 has shifted 1.2 million copies, compared to just 609k by GTA.
    Scarily that's practically 1 in 24 households!

Source : mcvuk.com/new…ord

10 Comments

Fact : 1 in 24 households lol.

Also a fact :

1 out of 24 Sainsburys have stock.

Get in there MW2

Prices will bomb hard soon as they have shipped 3m to the UK, which means an oversaturated market, soon there will be nobody to sell the game to.

D>

dapunk;6860251

Prices will bomb hard soon as they have shipped 3m to the UK, which means … Prices will bomb hard soon as they have shipped 3m to the UK, which means an oversaturated market, soon there will be nobody to sell the game to.D>

exactly why i said it will go cheap.

anyone know the sales figures for 360 and ps3?

MarzBarz;6860286

exactly why i said it will go cheap.

Got it for £25 from morissons, pretty cheap already imo :-D

How many of those were bought to be sold on afterwards for profit? at least 75%

[SIZE=5]To put that into perspective, one in every 49 people bought a copy of MW2 yesterday.

:w00t:
    [/SIZE]

exactly why im waiting - mine is for the pc and i know its cheap enough, but i think its gonna get cheaper fast.

Original Poster

dapunk;6860251

Prices will bomb hard soon as they have shipped 3m to the UK, which means … Prices will bomb hard soon as they have shipped 3m to the UK, which means an oversaturated market, soon there will be nobody to sell the game to.D>

Amusingly the COD4 (or even Overlord 2!) I traded in will probably be worth more than MW2 after Christmas.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114445
      2. CCleaner software compromised by hackers1523
      3. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1444
      4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1427

See more discussions