Groups

Modern Warfare 2 Xbox360 £8.95 Pre-owned at Blockbusters ?

Hey everyone,

I had a quick search and couldn't find any mention of this deal. I was reading the papers at work yesterday and saw an ad in either The Sun or Star newspaper, they had a few deals for Blockbusters one was new copy of modern warfare 2 for xbox £360 reduced from £17.99 to £7.99. Stupidly, I didn't rip out the page.

Did anyone see this ad too, I had a look at their website and it says £39.99 I think, how shocking, guess it was an in-store deal only.

If anyone saw this can you confirm whether it said how long this deal is valid for. I don't have a Blockbusters near to me, I refuse to go there normally as their prices for rentals are insulting. I don't want to go there to find that this deal is no longer valid.

Thanks in advance peoples!

6 Comments

Should post this in the deals thread to be fair.

Original Poster

Well I don't know if the deal is no longer valid. If someone can confirm I guess it can be a deal.
    Edited by: "thunderb0lt" 29th Jan 2011

Banned

Give them a call

Original Poster

Well, I just had a look at today's Sun and they had a smiliar add. It turns out it's £8.95 reduced from £17.95 and it's PRE-OWNED not new, so not such a hot deal afternall. In the ad it says "6 month pre-owned quality guarantee". How can they prove that a game like Modern Warfare which has been out for ages has been used for less than 6 months ?. I will edit topic title to avoid confusion. I guess the best deal is £10.95 at Dixons/Currys for a new copy (not sure if this is still valid but I saw it when I searched before creating this thread).

thunderb0lt

Well, I just had a look at today's Sun and they had a smiliar add. It … Well, I just had a look at today's Sun and they had a smiliar add. It turns out it's £8.95 reduced from £17.95 and it's PRE-OWNED not new, so not such a hot deal afternall. In the ad it says "6 month pre-owned quality guarantee". How can they prove that a game like Modern Warfare which has been out for ages has been used for less than 6 months ?. I will edit topic title to avoid confusion. I guess the best deal is £10.95 at Dixons/Currys for a new copy (not sure if this is still valid but I saw it when I searched before creating this thread).

I think they mean that you have a 6 month guarantee with gamestation over the disc
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions