Modern warfare timed PS4 exclusive ..... Is it real?

Posted 26th Sep
google.com/amp…led

A week, a month ok ..... but almost a year? surley a new cod will be on the horizon by then?

thoughts?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

23 Comments
Yep, 100%

Unless the fans stand up,survival mode (so just the mode) is exclusive to PS4 for a year. Not even PC is getting it.

Thats pretty poor and yeah, you expect a new CoD by then.

old.reddit.com/r/g…be/
darthbacca3726/09/2019 08:26

Yep, 100%Unless the fans stand up,survival mode (so just the mode) is …Yep, 100%Unless the fans stand up,survival mode (so just the mode) is exclusive to PS4 for a year. Not even PC is getting it.Thats pretty poor and yeah, you expect a new CoD by then.https://old.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/d8vw48/spec_ops_survival_mode_in_modern_warfare_will_be/

I thought it was the 1st of April when I read it, feel like cancelling preorder just to take a stand (not that it will do anything).
Leonjj26/09/2019 08:30

I thought it was the 1st of April when I read it, feel like cancelling …I thought it was the 1st of April when I read it, feel like cancelling preorder just to take a stand (not that it will do anything).

I would. I mean (and this is the PC gamer inside) I never pre-order anyway as I have been stung way too many times (The Old Replublic ) but if more people who have pre-ordered cancel, it might do something. Or theres just going to be a high amount of sales for PS4.
darthbacca3726/09/2019 08:50

I would. I mean (and this is the PC gamer inside) I never pre-order …I would. I mean (and this is the PC gamer inside) I never pre-order anyway as I have been stung way too many times (The Old Replublic ) but if more people who have pre-ordered cancel, it might do something. Or theres just going to be a high amount of sales for PS4.

That's another thing, it's a crossplay title.so that means people are hyped about being able to play with ppl they wouldn't usually (friends on different platforms) so even PS4 players are loosing the ability to do that. Sounds like a bad joke tbh.
It's a really poor move isn't it. I don't think anyone really minds too much about an exclusivity period of a couple of months but a whole year is taking the proverbial. And here's the thing, if Xbox users are going to be getting less content in that game than their PS4 counterparts then why should they have to pay the same price? I've got a feeling this could backfire for Activision in the same way that Battlefront 2's loot crates did for EA, it's what happens when publishers get too get greedy.
Leonjj26/09/2019 09:04

That's another thing, it's a crossplay title.so that means people are …That's another thing, it's a crossplay title.so that means people are hyped about being able to play with ppl they wouldn't usually (friends on different platforms) so even PS4 players are loosing the ability to do that. Sounds like a bad joke tbh.

Yes that's true and I know a few guys that really wanted it for cross play alone but even they are backing off because of this
deleted733638
I think people are overreacting a bit personally. I looked up survival mode from a previous COD and it didn’t look all that. I really enjoyed the beta for this. First time since black ops. I’ll probably get this
deleted73363826/09/2019 09:25

I think people are overreacting a bit personally. I looked up survival …I think people are overreacting a bit personally. I looked up survival mode from a previous COD and it didn’t look all that. I really enjoyed the beta for this. First time since black ops. I’ll probably get this

I think perhaps it's the principle of it that people have issue with rather than the content of the actual mode itself.
deleted733638
Haircut_10026/09/2019 09:34

I think perhaps it's the principle of it that people have issue with …I think perhaps it's the principle of it that people have issue with rather than the content of the actual mode itself.

Yeah I get that. Doesn’t seem like there’s probably anything can be done about it at this stage, so people are either whinging for nothing (because they’ll still buy) or are cutting off their nose to spit their own face.
This is a deal site. There’s lots of deals for PS4s lately. This thread is a game of spot the bitter Xbox player.
Edited by: "choccie32" 26th Sep
choccie3226/09/2019 16:41

This is a deal site. There’s lots of deals for PS4s lately. This thread is …This is a deal site. There’s lots of deals for PS4s lately. This thread is a game of spot the bitter Xbox player.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

It's now a game of spot the fanboyand our 1st contestant isssssssss.......

Choccie32!!!! Come on down!! Yes you may bring your PS4 with you don't worry no one will look at it.

No one's mentioning the childish console war you are referring to only that any timed exclusive, be it on PS4, xbox, pc or even switch shouldn't be almost a year long lmao.
Nothing new, many titles on PC have had entire multiplayer modes be exclusive to one store. Just part of the modern game industry.
EndlessWaves26/09/2019 17:23

Nothing new, many titles on PC have had entire multiplayer modes be …Nothing new, many titles on PC have had entire multiplayer modes be exclusive to one store. Just part of the modern game industry.

One store? I remember gta5 not being available on PC for a while. Wasn't it the same with red dead 2?
Leonjj26/09/2019 16:47

The lady doth protest too much, methinksIt's now a game of spot the …The lady doth protest too much, methinksIt's now a game of spot the fanboyand our 1st contestant isssssssss.......Choccie32!!!! Come on down!! Yes you may bring your PS4 with you don't worry no one will look at it.No one's mentioning the childish console war you are referring to only that any timed exclusive, be it on PS4, xbox, pc or even switch shouldn't be almost a year long lmao.

actually we have all the consoles in our house. I couldn’t care less about your butt hurt, so you ‘lmao’ away.
choccie3226/09/2019 19:32

actually we have all the consoles in our house. I couldn’t care l … actually we have all the consoles in our house. I couldn’t care less about your butt hurt, so you ‘lmao’ away.

Aaaaaaand you show your age and mindset "butt hurt" and "we have all consoles" are two examples of an immature fanboy I was trying to make light of your first comment but I really didn't need to reply to this one. Easy now
38551465-1PdzP.jpg
I quite like the look of this cod and I'd never play the survival mode. However out of a matter of principle they can ram it
Vote with your wallet.
Regardless you don't want to be purchasing within the first few months anyway, just to see what stunts Activision pull in terms of post launch surprise mechanics.
Leonjj26/09/2019 19:42

Aaaaaaand you show your age and mindset "butt hurt" and "we have all …Aaaaaaand you show your age and mindset "butt hurt" and "we have all consoles" are two examples of an immature fanboy I was trying to make light of your first comment but I really didn't need to reply to this one. Easy now [Image]

Butt hurt seemed appropriate for you to understand.
And yes, someone having all the consoles must be a fan boy... don’t think you quite understand the meaning of this term. The consoles are available for you to purchase, no one is stopping you.
But I guess your comment is the height of maturity, as is complaining about a game. But hey, whatever makes you feel like you can take your stabilisers off 🏻
Andy@XCite26/09/2019 19:51

Vote with your wallet.Regardless you don't want to be purchasing within …Vote with your wallet.Regardless you don't want to be purchasing within the first few months anyway, just to see what stunts Activision pull in terms of post launch surprise mechanics.

Easier said than done the game is great imo but it's just a silly thing for them to do (that said they know that all the fanboys will buy regardless)
choccie3226/09/2019 20:00

Butt hurt seemed appropriate for you to understand. And yes, someone …Butt hurt seemed appropriate for you to understand. And yes, someone having all the consoles must be a fan boy... don’t think you quite understand the meaning of this term. The consoles are available for you to purchase, no one is stopping you. But I guess your comment is the height of maturity, as is complaining about a game. But hey, whatever makes you feel like you can take your stabilisers off 🏻

Now this is better son, a bit witty "stabilisers" almost had me smirk and I meant the need to inform random internet people that you have all consoles under one roof, wait oh no I bet you have the PS4 pro Xbox one x and switch and switch lite there don't you, it's like me saying randomly that I have a Lamborghini on my drive. Your use of emojis also tells me it's probably coming close to your bed time.... So don't worry about replying cheers
Leonjj26/09/2019 20:00

Easier said than done the game is great imo but it's just a silly thing …Easier said than done the game is great imo but it's just a silly thing for them to do (that said they know that all the fanboys will buy regardless)

Unless people make a stand nothing will change. We (Sony gamers) had all this shizzle last gen with Mass effect 2, COD (only month exclusive periods I think), Bioshock, Oblivion, the list goes on. Gamers are just pawns to these publishers so don't play their game, like I did with Rise of the tomb raider and refused to buy although I did cave in when it was a tenner.
Andy@XCite26/09/2019 20:09

Unless people make a stand nothing will change. We (Sony gamers) had all …Unless people make a stand nothing will change. We (Sony gamers) had all this shizzle last gen with Mass effect 2, COD (only month exclusive periods I think), Bioshock, Oblivion, the list goes on. Gamers are just pawns to these publishers so don't play their game, like I did with Rise of the tomb raider and refused to buy although I did cave in when it was a tenner.

It's hard when they are discounted tho so I'm with you there haha, we are just pawns like I say, regardless they know people will buy even if they had to pay monthly probably.
Well done gamers...
gamerant.com/mod…ty/

Keep this up and things might, just might change.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants