Mods need to chill

Posted 21st Mar
Can we go back to the good old days where our input matters more?

I'm finding it hard being bombarded right after posting a deal, no time to make edit it myself. I get it, a 2nd pair of eyes helps but as long as I'm not linking people to the dark web then give me a couple hours!!! It's as if I'm misleading people and I'm not trusted!

How about ya'll just find the deals yourselves so nobody has to do anything but vote hot and comment good wishes.

Getting fed up of hotukd because of this.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Hi @consume
I presume you mean this one hotukdeals.com/dea…798 ?
I checked the logs on this and yes a Mod did edit. The mod trimmed / fixed the link and added the price and merchant to the title. This is pretty much standard and has been as long as hotuldeals has been up and running i.e if someone posts a deal and missed out vital info (as was the case here) and the link needed an edit a Moderator will fix it. No offence was intended.
+1
18 Comments
+1
Hi @consume
I presume you mean this one hotukdeals.com/dea…798 ?
I checked the logs on this and yes a Mod did edit. The mod trimmed / fixed the link and added the price and merchant to the title. This is pretty much standard and has been as long as hotuldeals has been up and running i.e if someone posts a deal and missed out vital info (as was the case here) and the link needed an edit a Moderator will fix it. No offence was intended.
This is a commercial site! Mods have to make sure things are working as they should and the site is not being spammed by trolls. A few hours is way to long to leave things without being checked.
andywedge21/03/2020 16:13

Hi @consume I presume you mean this one …Hi @consume I presume you mean this one https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lotus-biscoff-crumble-720g-via-garraways-at-amazon-3425798 ?I checked the logs on this and yes a Mod did edit. The mod trimmed / fixed the link and added the price and merchant to the title. This is pretty much standard and has been as long as hotuldeals has been up and running i.e if someone posts a deal and missed out vital info (as was the case here) and the link needed an edit a Moderator will fix it. No offence was intended.

I was following this example. If you gave me time I would have corrected it all.11479381271584808547.jpgThis wasn't like this with my older deals 2013-2016. I am a good deal poster, why can't I be how I want to be when there's nothing wrong with it? Your nit picking is taking the fun out of this
Edited by: "consume" 21st Mar
Not nit-picking @consume We've always edited a deal to include the price, any postage costs and the merchant. Is there any reason you posted without any price and merchant with the intention of coming back to it a few hours later to edit it? When deals are posted without vital information they always get colded, pretty much straight away, so we do try to edit threads as quickly as possible so the deal isn't unfairly cold voted.
666FU21/03/2020 16:24

This is a commercial site! Mods have to make sure things are working as …This is a commercial site! Mods have to make sure things are working as they should and the site is not being spammed by trolls. A few hours is way to long to leave things without being checked.

Blunt but valid observation.
I put the price in though. Your site didn't register it for some odd reason. Don't say I'm wrong because I've got 30 deals behind my back and I researched the prices for all of them. @andywedge I did everything right on my side. Your mod just decided to make the deal their own.
consume21/03/2020 16:53

I put the price in though. Your site didn't register it for some odd …I put the price in though. Your site didn't register it for some odd reason. Don't say I'm wrong because I've got 30 deals behind my back and I researched the prices for all of them. @andywedge I did everything right on my side. Your mod just decided to make the deal their own.

The price was in the price field but not in the deal title. If you look at all the other deals on hotukdeals you will see they contain the price in the title as well as the merchant.
Your thread will be deleted soon lol
keebb921/03/2020 17:45

Your thread will be deleted soon lol

You get suspended for a lot lot less even if you are right but the op got it wrong and betting they get away with it.
It’s takes 2 to 3 minutes now to post a deal
consume21/03/2020 16:39

I was following this example. If you gave me time I would have corrected …I was following this example. If you gave me time I would have corrected it all.[Image] This wasn't like this with my older deals 2013-2016. I am a good deal poster, why can't I be how I want to be when there's nothing wrong with it? Your nit picking is taking the fun out of this

Agreed to an extent. Especially in the last year the mods mess with everything, deals have no originality now. All titles have to be the same, mods pointlessly change deal pictures to something else when there really isn't a need. Then a mod goes on some random product description and copies and pastes the whole thing into 'additional information' - we don't need all of that, just click through the deal link and it's there.

I understand the need to make some changes but it gets frustrating.
Edited by: "jamie15" 21st Mar
jamie1521/03/2020 19:41

Agreed to an extent. Especially in the last year the mods mess with …Agreed to an extent. Especially in the last year the mods mess with everything, deals have no originality now. All titles have to be the same, mods pointlessly change deal pictures to something else when there really isn't a need. Then a mod goes on some random product description and copies and pastes the whole thing into 'additional information' - we don't need all of that, just click through the deal link and it's there.I understand the need to make some changes but it gets frustrating.

Just to explain @jamie15
We only edit a title if it needs an edit. They don't have to be the same, but they need to all include what it is, how much it is (and postage) and where it's from. You'd be surprised just how many are posted with one, two or even all three missing from the title.
We edit images if they are too small. Images need to be at least 300x300. If it isn't then we have to edit otherwise the image looks pretty bad, especially on the app.
We do add product details as 'Additional Information'. We ask that the deal poster includes as much information as possible and again this is often left with just a few words or an image (you can't serach an image / images don't appear in 'search'). Therefore, if there are specs, details about the offer etc missing we add as 'additional info'. Not everybody wants to click through the deal link to read the specs or details about the offer. It's much more useful to have it there so you can see.
Anything that gets added to Highlights needs to be top notch quality so we do ensure these include as much information as possible.
andywedge21/03/2020 20:14

Just to explain @jamie15 We only edit a title if it needs an edit. They …Just to explain @jamie15 We only edit a title if it needs an edit. They don't have to be the same, but they need to all include what it is, how much it is (and postage) and where it's from. You'd be surprised just how many are posted with one, two or even all three missing from the title.We edit images if they are too small. Images need to be at least 300x300. If it isn't then we have to edit otherwise the image looks pretty bad, especially on the app.We do add product details as 'Additional Information'. We ask that the deal poster includes as much information as possible and again this is often left with just a few words or an image (you can't serach an image / images don't appear in 'search'). Therefore, if there are specs, details about the offer etc missing we add as 'additional info'. Not everybody wants to click through the deal link to read the specs or details about the offer. It's much more useful to have it there so you can see. Anything that gets added to Highlights needs to be top notch quality so we do ensure these include as much information as possible.

Thanks for clarification, but with the 300x300 requirement I was never aware that existed. Does the site not warn the quality is low when uploading?

My issue is sometimes titles are edited when they don't need to be, primarily when 'unimportant' information is removed when to some it is seen as important.
jamie1521/03/2020 20:20

Thanks for clarification, but with the 300x300 requirement I was never …Thanks for clarification, but with the 300x300 requirement I was never aware that existed. Does the site not warn the quality is low when uploading?My issue is sometimes titles are edited when they don't need to be, primarily when 'unimportant' information is removed when to some it is seen as important.

If that happens in the future Jamie, let me know and I can at least have a look and see why it was edited.
Anyone remember funny photos for deals, humours titles etc.. site is now sterile and the individuality has been taken away.
MrSprkle21/03/2020 23:13

Anyone remember funny photos for deals, humours titles etc.. site is now …Anyone remember funny photos for deals, humours titles etc.. site is now sterile and the individuality has been taken away.

It's not HUKD's fault, they have to be careful. The whole internet is under the threat of cancellation from neopuritan scolds. It will pass, as these things always do, and won't be remembered fondly, as these things never are.

This misguided attempt to eliminate imaginary human suffering will give us 50 shades of beige until the inevitable revolution comes.
Andy is one of the better mods, some can be pain in the rear, their 121 replies at times seem to be written by bots with no logic behind their statements. Happy to leave deal postings to those that have the time and energy to also once in a while bang their heads against brick walls.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants