MOH beta, first impressions ?

Banned 18 replies
Found 21st Jul 2010
just got it today on xbox, personally dissapointed by it. it seems like a poorly made, bad company 2. the worst thing is the lag when you die, the animation is really poor, but hopefully they'll fix that for the real game. anyone else started playing today ?

18 Comments

played the PS3 version a few times. last time there was still loads of glitches when getting killchains.. i left it and went back to BFBC2...
unless they fix the glitches i'll just wait for the release.. plus the limited "2" levels are pretty poor...

i've heard nothing but bad things about this beta so far, was looking forward to it but does'nt bode well,:|

It's bad. I pre purchased it through steam to access the beta and I gave it a good but I just can't get over some obvious flaws like absolutely no recoil for the assault rifles, luckily I got a refund.

Yup, the delayed reaction of my on-screen character when being shot (to death) was annoying as I was regularly confronted by an opponent of a higher rank (with a weapon of a faster rate of fire) & I could not react (dodge, jump, duck, or even move laterally) to avoid the oncoming bullets.

At first I thought it was a problem with my connection, but after disconnecting & joining a different match I realised it was intended to be like that.

Not an experience I wish to repeat in a hurry. Pity.

BFN,

fp.

Judging from the beta, it's a poor game.

bland bland meh meh why is my guy sort of gliding slowly and if only they made guns that don't recoil in real life. bland meh.

Slow reactions, slow death
Personally, between the MOH beta and BFBC:2, BFBC:2 is definately better.

Rubbish, like a very poor copy of MW2.

The other map, where it's like an inner city area is actually pretty good. But every time i get that map, there is only me in it. So that's another fail.

Original Poster Banned

getting used to it a bit now, and i am starting to enjoy it more than i was, but still underwhelmed. A lot of noticeable glitches and bugs like the white gun glitch , the stiffness that was in BC2 is even worse in MOH and the lag when you die is just horrible. Very bad as betas go, just hope the improve it for the real thing as it does have potential to be a good game.

FYI: Medal of Honor Beta Ending (MedalOfHonor.com)
---
by Matt Pruitt (July 30, 2010)

Cease fire! After six weeks, the Medal of Honor beta will be ending for the PlayStation 3 and PC on July 31st, 2010. We at DICE appreciate all of you who took the first step toward Tier 1 and participated in the beta – your contribution is invaluable and will only help improve the final game. Unfortunately, a PC beta patch will not be released. We have implemented a number of changes and fixes, however, that will appear in the final game – many of which were originated from your feedback! Here are a few of those:

• Improved hit detection
• Breath control for all classes
• Crash fixes
• Improved control input mapping
• In-game HUD polished
• All weapon stats are now updated in the spawn menu
• Spawn points tweaked

For our Xbox fans, the battle rages on! The beta will be extended for the Xbox 360 until August 9th, 2010. Thank you to all of you for continuing to provide us with excellent feedback!

On October 12, we hope to see you back on the battlefield! Please continue to visit our forums, Twitter page, and Facebook page for further Medal of Honor updates.
---

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster Banned

at least they extended the xbox 360 beta, i don't see a better death animation on the list though.

Also FYI:

EA Adds Highly Anticipated 'Battlefield 3' Beta to 'Medal of Honor' Limited Edition (Investor.EA.com)
---
Check out World Premiere Medal of Honor Trailer on Sunday August 1 to See How Shooter Fans Reap Benefits This Year with Special Content and Next Year with Invitation to Battlefield 3 Beta

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jul 30, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) today revealed new details of the Medal of Honor Limited Edition that will be released in North America on October 12, 2010. The Limited Edition* features a host of weapons, powerful ammunition and camouflage. The weapons and camouflage give players a tactical gameplay advantage on day one. EA also announced today that people who own the Medal of Honor Limited Edition will receive an invitation to the beta** for another highly-anticipated EA shooter, Battlefield 3(TM). Battlefield 3 is the latest entry in the award-winning shooter franchise from DICE in Stockholm, Sweden.

This Sunday August 1, be sure to check out an all-new Medal of Honor gameplay trailer directed by Linkin Park's Joe Hahn. The trailer will feature never-before-seen in-game footage set to the band's recently-announced single 'The Catalyst' at medalofhonor.com/lin…ark. More details about the Battlefield 3 beta itself can also be found at medalofhonor.com/bat…ld3.

Medal of Honor Limited Edition also features special content out-of-the-box including the MP-7, a weapon utilized by real-world Tier 1 Operators in the field. With its light weight, high rate of fire as well as its ability to penetrate body armor, the MP-7 handles like a pistol yet allows targets to be engaged like a rifle. The Limited Edition also includes two powerful shotguns with custom slugs. These devastating shotguns and ammunition are ideal for close-range fights.

For the first time in its 11-year history, Medal of Honor leaves the WWII theatre and enters the modern setting of war-torn Afghanistan. The game is told through the lens of a small band of fictional characters. Medal of Honor introduces players to the Tier 1 Operator, an elite warrior and relatively unknown instrument of the U.S. Military that operates under the National Command Authority to take on missions no one else can handle.

Medal of Honor launches on Oct. 12, 2010 in North America and Oct. 15 in Europe for the PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360(R) videogame and entertainment system and PC. Follow the game on Twitter at: twitter.com/med…nor or become a fan on Facebook at facebook.com/med…nor.

* The PlayStation 3 version of the Limited Edition also includes the classic, Medal of Honor Frontline(TM) completely remastered in HD. **Restrictions and conditions apply to Beta offer. See ea.com/beta for details.

About Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the Company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTS(TM), EA(TM), EA Mobile(TM) and POGO(TM). In fiscal 2010, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.7 billion and had 27 titles that sold more than one million units. EA's homepage and online game site is ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at info.ea.com.

EA, EA SPORTS, EA Mobile, POGO, Medal of Honor Frontline and Medal of Honor are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Battlefield 3 is a trademark of EA Digital Illusions CE AB. "PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Xbox and Xbox 360 are a trademarks of the Microsoft Group of companies. Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: businesswire.com/cgi…18&.
---

Also available as an Adobe Portable Document Format file.

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster Banned

dude why would i want to know that EA is a leading interactive entertainment software company ? you could just link to the article instead of copying an 11 paragraph article, 11 of which are uninteresting. i appreciate letting people know but selective quoting is in need.

I wasn't quoting it solely for your benefit. Sorry if you didn't find most of that informative.

BFN,

fp.

ryman1000

at least they extended the xbox 360 beta, i don't see a better death … at least they extended the xbox 360 beta, i don't see a better death animation on the list though.

If you recall, the Xbox 360 Beta did not start at the same time as the other platforms; so it is only fair that the same period of evaluation is offered.

I have just posted in another thread that "Medal of Honor" (Limited Edition) [PS3] certainly isn't a £39.99 Recommended Retail Price purchase for me (even with the inclusion of the 'uprated' "...Frontline" title & [early?] access to the "Battlefield 3" Beta).

I gained more from it on my second play earlier this week because I set my expectations lower. The problem is that it isn't "Battlefield: Bad Company 2"; we have been spoiled with that in some respects.

As much as I like supporting developers & publishers with not waiting for prices to fall to silly levels of low so that they are very favourable for consumers & not so for revenue, I think that unless a new (Public) Beta or Trial version greatly improves the game-play I may not bother with it at all. Such a shame, as it looked like they had spent a lot of time designing the locations.

I just relayed the news of the last day of the Beta to my Shooter genre-mad 9 year old who is playing "Saints Row" on my Xbox 360 as I type. This was met with a shrug of the shoulders & continuation of the current game being played. Says it all really. Even the wholly dire "SOCOM [US Navy SEALs]: Confrontation" Beta was met with more enthusiasm.

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster Banned

fanpages

If you recall, the Xbox 360 Beta did not start at the same time as the … If you recall, the Xbox 360 Beta did not start at the same time as the other platforms; so it is only fair that the same period of evaluation is offered.I have just posted in another thread that "Medal of Honor" (Limited Edition) [PS3] certainly isn't a £39.99 Recommended Retail Price purchase for me (even with the inclusion of the 'uprated' "...Frontline" title & [early?] access to the "Battlefield 3" Beta).I gained more from it on my second play earlier this week because I set my expectations lower. The problem is that it isn't "Battlefield: Bad Company 2"; we have been spoiled with that in some respects.As much as I like supporting developers & publishers with not waiting for prices to fall to silly levels of low so that they are very favourable for consumers & not so for revenue, I think that unless a new (Public) Beta or Trial version greatly improves the game-play I may not bother with it at all. Such a shame, as it looked like they had spent a lot of time designing the locations.I just relayed the news of the last day of the Beta to my Shooter genre-mad 9 year old who is playing "Saints Row" on my Xbox 360 as I type. This was met with a shrug of the shoulders & continuation of the current game being played. Says it all really. Even the wholly dire "SOCOM [US Navy SEALs]: Confrontation" Beta was met with more enthusiasm.BFN,fp.

originally i think the intention was to end the 360 beta at the same time as the pc/ps3 regardless of when it started. i've lost interest in it now anyway. like you mentioned the beta has probably had more of a negative effect on the game than anything. unless they release another beta that is greatly improved from this, im waiting for the bargain bin price that this looks like inevitably falling into.

FYI: "Beta Feedback: How You Helped Shape Medal of Honor’s Multiplayer" (Blog.US.PlayStation.com)
---
Posted by Matthew Pruitt // Community Manager, EA, 23 August 2010

The Medal of Honor beta is now closed and we want to thank you, PlayStation fans, for supporting us! The turnout was tremendous and we could not have asked for a better experience.

It is always great to do a true beta like this, because at the end of the day, this game is for you, the gamers. We received some amazing feedback and opted to extend the beta to make sure that we were able to hear as much of it as we could. Twitter, Facebook, and our forums have been blowing up with comments and we have been taking many notes.

We have learned a lot, and we wanted to take this opportunity to run down some of the major changes/fixes we have made to the game as a direct result of your feedback.

Improved Hit Detection

This was a very big issue and came up many times in the forums. We are glad to say that hit detection has been vastly improved. We really tightened up the mechanics and essentially, wherever the bullet hits on the body — that is where the hit registers. It is even possible to shoot and have the bullet go between someone’s legs – it is that precise!

Weapon Pickups

Out of ammo? No longer do you need to find an ammo crate. Find the nearest dead enemy/friendly and pick up their weapon. And remember, the knife knows no ammunition, so if you really want to be Tier 1 — pull out that bad boy and start slashing your way to victory.

Support Actions Balanced

We heard the outcry and we have made adjustments. The support actions were tweaked and are now more difficult to achieve. There is always a fine line between what is too hard and what is too easy, but we think we have balanced it pretty well. It is just not fun when you are getting nailed with rocket and mortar attacks every 20 seconds.

Unlock Tree Expanded and Balanced

Your ascension to Tier 1 status will now be even more eventful. The unlock tree has been expanded for every weapon, providing an extensive series of choices.

Crash Fixes

Every beta has its crashes and the Medal of Honor beta was no different. We know it is frustrating, but it is all part of the beta process. The good news is that we have fixed the crashes and resolved a number of connectivity issues.

Major Graphic Overhaul

The graphics have been overhauled and upgraded. We are happy to report that the game looks even more spectacular than before.

Weapons

The weapons are essential to gameplay, obviously, and we made sure to concentrate on getting them right. The list is long and the changes are many. From zoom spread to damage inflicted, rest assured that every weapon has been modified.

These changes and fixes are just the tip of the iceberg. As we move toward the game’s release, we continue to improve the game every single day.

Make sure you follow us on Twitter, fan us on Facebook, and visit us at the official website for up-to-the-date Medal of Honor news and information.
---

BFN,

fp.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cannot upgrade to iOS 11.0.311
    2. Christmas presents613
    3. Mobile phone advice79
    4. dakine backpacks33

See more discussions