Monarch airlines debacle - help needed

Found 1st Oct 2017
Hi - just a heads up to see if anyone on here has any real idea what the fallout of the current issues facing Monach Airlines is gonna present? Tried talking to them but they are remaining very coy over current events and I need info ASAP.

I've got a a booking with them for a package holiday to Cyprus leaving 2 weeks today - fully ATOL protected so I guess that gives me protection with regards to getting the money paid for the holiday back but how the hell do I know whether the holiday will actually go ahead or not?

Anyone understand this current situation any better than can shed some light on it?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Y2Jono43 m ago

Thanks for that - if it was a normal getaway then fair enough but its my …Thanks for that - if it was a normal getaway then fair enough but its my honeymoon...waited a year for it and then this.

I don't get it? It's a guilt-edged opportunity to call off the wedding. What's not to like?
11 Comments
You cant guarantee anything atm unfortunately. You wait and see whether their atol licence gets renewed tonight and if so for how long. They look like they will go under but I hope its after your holiday.
Edited by: "RedLozzer" 1st Oct 2017
Thanks for that - if it was a normal getaway then fair enough but its my honeymoon...waited a year for it and then this.
If you've really set your heart on this destination only then whilst you're waiting for further news just search if you can find the same holiday elsewhere and then if you do get a refund you'll instantly know where to rebook or choose an alternative.
Usually staff are the last to know so just keep checking sky news or msn for updates.
Y2Jono43 m ago

Thanks for that - if it was a normal getaway then fair enough but its my …Thanks for that - if it was a normal getaway then fair enough but its my honeymoon...waited a year for it and then this.

I don't get it? It's a guilt-edged opportunity to call off the wedding. What's not to like?
Don't think you'll be seeing Monarch going through. There's talks in the wings to arrange a good outcome from a rather large airline!
Sorry to be the bearer, in case you haven't heard, but looks like Monarch won't be taking you to Cyprus - bbc.co.uk/new…934 . You'll get your money back via ATOL but not much good as a honeymoon.
Sorry for this bad news op, I hope you get all your money back ok and can hopefully book something else. Best wishes for your wedding.
Thanks for all the comments guys - on the plus side out of all of this I somehow managed to save the honeymoon - the hotel we'd booked agreed to knock 25% off their usual prices and although we've ended up shelling out another £400 in alternative flights, transfers and parking - we are staying an extra night. So many thanks for all your positive comments - made a difference. Just gotta get the original price of the holiday back from ATOL once things settle down!
Y2Jono6 m ago

Thanks for all the comments guys - on the plus side out of all of this I …Thanks for all the comments guys - on the plus side out of all of this I somehow managed to save the honeymoon - the hotel we'd booked agreed to knock 25% off their usual prices and although we've ended up shelling out another £400 in alternative flights, transfers and parking - we are staying an extra night. So many thanks for all your positive comments - made a difference. Just gotta get the original price of the holiday back from ATOL once things settle down!

Every cloud, as they say...

Congrats anyway, enjoy your break. Make the most of it. It's all downhill when you return.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants