money

LocalFound 25th Feb
I'm 15 and I need to make some money, any ideas?
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
Paper round
Wash dishes in local restaurant. Great way to earn some dosh
woster12 m ago

Wash dishes in local restaurant. Great way to earn some dosh

can I do this when I'm not 16?
Become a youtuber, whatever one of those is....
handsomedolphin12 m ago

Only if it's between 7am and 7pm or all day Saturda
See Government guidelinesfor 15 year olds working hours allowance.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 25th Feb
Cut grass for local neighbours, wash cars etc, offer dog walking service etc
handsomedolphin24 m ago

Find a company who don’t run you through the books worked in a kitchen from 13.
Run errands for some of the older peeps in your neighbourhood.

You’ll make some good scratch and it’ll help out a part of the community that gets sorely overlooked.

I’m sure they’ll be delighted to see a young person such as yourself out there enterprising and engaging with folk.

Good on you and good luck
handsomedolphin35 m ago

Why not? Ask around.

gov.uk/chi…ent

I worked at a restaurant around your age for a few months, I really enjoyed it too. That was back in the 80s. Tips were very good too, at least I thought so. What did I know, I was only 16. Started as a placement with what was known then as a YTS scheme and decided to stay on a few months. They were great times.

I used to do paper round up until the age of 16 too, mornings and evenings, refused to do Sundays as I liked the day off. They were very exploitative though. I was only paid £3.30 a week altogether from the day I started till the day I finished. Other newsagents were paying twice that apparently. I only found out after I left. The moral of the story is, ask around as some may pay you more than others.

I also used to go round with a friend of mine cutting hedges, 50p a hedge. Those were the days. That was back in the late 70s early 80s.

Good luck.
LemonHead1 h, 21 m ago

Why not? Ask around.https://www.gov.uk/child-employmentI worked at a …Why not? Ask around.https://www.gov.uk/child-employmentI worked at a restaurant around your age for a few months, I really enjoyed it too. That was back in the 80s. Tips were very good too, at least I thought so. What did I know, I was only 16. Started as a placement with what was known then as a YTS scheme and decided to stay on a few months. They were great times.I used to do paper round up until the age of 16 too, mornings and evenings, refused to do Sundays as I liked the day off. They were very exploitative though. I was only paid £3.30 a week altogether from the day I started till the day I finished. Other newsagents were paying twice that apparently. I only found out after I left. The moral of the story is, ask around as some may pay you more than others.I also used to go round with a friend of mine cutting hedges, 50p a hedge. Those were the days. That was back in the late 70s early 80s.Good luck.

Just to add not many shops do paper rounds these days. If you can find one your lucky. Working Saturdays is a good idea if you can get some shop work, catering is good experience too.
cmdr_elito1 h, 49 m ago

Just to add not many shops do paper rounds these days. If you can find one …Just to add not many shops do paper rounds these days. If you can find one your lucky. Working Saturdays is a good idea if you can get some shop work, catering is good experience too.

Crikey, I'm so out of touch.
No such thing as paper rounds, milk. rounds or washing the dishes. People don't buy newspapers anymore, no one gets milk delivered and restaurant's use dish washers so why give her this advice? No one would trust a 15 year old giving their dog a walk as anything can go wrong.
You can wash cars if you have good skills, offer doing neighborhood gardening or offer to paint the fencing etc. You can start with my fencing
Edited by: "Misslovely" 25th Feb
15 is almost child labour territory and most people will be cautious employing you for hard labour jobs such as gardening. You are better off doing something from home, i.e. freelance coding, webdesign, etc.
Misslovely38 m ago

No such thing as paper rounds, milk. rounds or washing the dishes. People …No such thing as paper rounds, milk. rounds or washing the dishes. People don't buy newspapers anymore, no one gets milk delivered and restaurant's use dish washers so why give her this advice? No one would trust a 15 year old giving their dog a walk as anything can go wrong. You can wash cars if you have good skills, offer doing neighborhood gardening or offer to paint the fencing etc. You can start with my fencing

There are still milk rounds as we get leaflets here and there offering to sign us up, but that wouldn’t be suitable as you have to drive an electric/petrol float.

There are still paper rounds but not many.
I know many shops have stopped offering them but my local shop still does as there are lots of well off oldies in the area around the shops that buy lots of papers everyday and I see the paper girls out in the early morning whilst I do my 5 mile run.

Dishwasher still exists as I did this part time at the National trust and they still have staff doing that, admittedly I washed very little stuff, it was more loading dishes/cups/cutlery into the trays and unloading the trays and putting the stuff away. I wouldn’t imagine though that many places need them as they wouldn’t have the volume of dishes/cutlery/cups to sustain it and I think you have to be 16.

You could try a salon to see if they need someone to wash clients hair and sweep up etc.
Power wash bins in your local area ?
Omg so much bad advice is given in these comments

The first rule of making money is having no morals, you'll be taken.advantage of and get very bad pay, basically slave work with sweatshop pay, it's not worth it, you've got to take advantage of others and not let others take advantage of you

Find a way to make your own money without others, Yes you should do something barely legal
Maybe even something slightly illegal, it's business, all businesses have done something illegal, I don't know why I am giving advice since I am not bringing in big money now but I did make a lot of money at your age I can't say how and how much xD
Edited by: "Norseg" 27th Feb
Misslovely25th Feb

No such thing as paper rounds, milk. rounds or washing the dishes. People …No such thing as paper rounds, milk. rounds or washing the dishes. People don't buy newspapers anymore, no one gets milk delivered and restaurant's use dish washers so why give her this advice? No one would trust a 15 year old giving their dog a walk as anything can go wrong. You can wash cars if you have good skills, offer doing neighborhood gardening or offer to paint the fencing etc. You can start with my fencing

Can you please tell the two milk floats that deliver in my area around 5.15am that they don't exist as I'm fed up of them waking me up

A local shop has a lad delivering newspapers on a bike too so I'm not sure where you live if these things no longer exist where you are
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants