Groups

money exchange - Australia

Hi
    I'm travelling to Australia on Monday. Does anyone know of any comparison websites other than money supermarket or any ways to get a better deal on exchange (i.e. Voucher codes, offers or prepaid credit card)?
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

9 Comments

get it on arrival from an atm using a halifax clarity card

nothing beats their rates and no charges at all if you pay the balance off within a day (otherwise interest at 14-17% a year).
    Edited by: "chocci" 31st Jan

Original Poster

llocou

I tend to check and prebook here:http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

Thanks for that

Original Poster

chocci

get it on arrival from an atm using a halifax clarity cardnothing beats … get it on arrival from an atm using a halifax clarity cardnothing beats their rates and no charges at all if you pay the balance off within a day (otherwise interest at 14-17% a year).

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have a clarity card and won't be able to get one in time

We used a Caxton card when we went to Australia in October, easy to order and no issues using either, plus no fees

You have left it too late to get a card unfortunately. That one of the best options.

I shopped in sainsburys used nectar card and had an till offer of £5.00 off currency,

Original Poster

Thanks for all your help, just bit the bullet and ordered via tesco

Revolut best travel card around. I visited sydney in december - had no issues at all and the rate is alot better than the high street and caxton fx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland78
      2. Any now tv entertainment offers going on???11
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?914
      4. Mayweather vs Mcgregor66

See more discussions