Expired

Money supermarket car insurance: free break down cover, is it any good?

Found 23rd Apr 2014
I'm looking for car insurance and MoneySupermarket.com are they're offering free break down cover with their insurance offers. I'm just wanting to know if it worth paying them and getting the free cover, or shall I pay on a slightly cheaper website and pay for RAC or AA? Basically is their break down cover any good?
Community Updates
6 Comments
Churchill include breakdown cover or use rescuemycar via topcasback or quidco
The included breakdown cover is usually with Green Flag or RAC, it's usually the basic level so if you want higher levels of cover then you'll have to buy specific cover. Are you that sure your car will break down?!
Normally they provide it through a reputable company such as the AA RAC ect but it will most probably be the basic cover. It might be worth having a look at cover yourself and then going through a cash back website. I pay £7.88 a month with greenflag for the top cover. With the basic cover they will only cover you away from home, onward travel for very few miles ect. So you'll end up paying a arm and a leg if you break down more than 10 miles from the house. I found that out the hard way lol. It might also be worth your while to check if you have it with your bank account. You can also upgrade a standard bank account to a silver membership or gold from £10 a month which will also include travel and mobile insurance. This obviously is different from bank to bank. Hope this helps you. There lots of ways to get breakdown cover just it's worth looking around to get the best deal.
The basic cover also come with lots of small print regarding vehicle servicing being up t date etc and as mentioned has milage from home and towage limitations.If you want breakdown cover buy it separately you can usually get a discount by looking around for new customer deals

Edited by: "arachnoid" 24th Apr 2014
Please note this year money supermarket wanted £100 more. I used go compare and rest and go compare was the cheapest then next was confused. com.
also iv noticed if you add a driver it goes £80-£100 cheaper . I added hubby but I don't let him touch my car any way
But men are better drivers hence the discount X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants