Expired

Moneybookers taken money from my account.

Found 7th Mar 2013
Well when I checked my bank statement online today I noticed a payment to moneybookers LTD for £32.76 dated today. I have never even heard of the company until today so I phoned up my bank and found out the transaction was from Tuesday at 9am in the morning and that my card was now blocked (explains why my recent Amazon order wouldn't go through) so after having the block removed I got transferred to the fraud department who were very helpful and are now sorting it all out (new card, refund etc etc)

Now they never said why my card got blocked but since my amazon order was late Tuesday and that didn't go through and the only other transaction for that day was the one to moneybookers I'm guessing its safe to say that was the reason.

Has anyone ever used moneybookers what sort of details do they require in order for you to buy stuff? and has anyone else had problems with them like this one?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments
Moneybookers is an e-commerce business that allows payments to be made through the Internet. For individual users, the Moneybookers payment system offers an online deposit account and a low-cost, internet-based alternative to traditional money transfer methods such as cheques, money orders and wire transfers.

To merchants, Moneybookers allows accepting online payments made with major payment cards or Skrill's own online accounts.

The Moneybookers payment system is owned and operated by Moneybookers Limited, a UK-based company registered as a Money Service Business with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, regulated by the Financial Services Authority and licensed to operate within the European Union. As of 2012, the system is in the process of being transferred to a sister company Skrill Limited (registered in 2010 at the same address and rebranded as Skrill.

I don't think this is anything moneybookers have done, more that an individual has used your bank account details to send money???
Original Poster
Yeah I was thinking maybe someone has used my bank account details makes me wonder were they could have got them from though?
That's why I was wondering if anyone knew what details they actually require when you sign up and use a card.
Are you sure you haven't bought something for the value in question and the merchant uses this moneybooker **** to transfer the funds?
Edited by: "willhay555" 7th Mar 2013
Original Poster
willhay555

Are you sure you haven't bought something for the value in question and … Are you sure you haven't bought something for the value in question and the merchant uses this moneybooker **** to transfer the funds?

Yeah I'm sure I don't remember ordering anything but to be 100% I checked my emails (for order confirmations) and internet history just in case I had forgot about something I had bought and there was nothing on either.
Also out of curiosity if you used a merchant who used this moneybooker do you know if the checkout would be different like when you use paypal and you have to actually log into paypal?
I don't know dude, but I figured the £/value may jog your memory.
It's happened to me s few times and when I've done done digging it was something I legitimately ordered.
Banned
I would be annoyed that my card issuer had blocked my card and not made any contact with me
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions