Expired

Monitor 22'' LCD

1 reply
Found 23rd Sep 2008
Hi there.

I'm a bit lost in finding a LCD 22' screen.
Staying on the 200- price range, considering I deal with design (e.g. autocad, 3dsmax etc etc) what screen would you suggest? A part from the fact that the dvi keeps it digital, how important is it? Is it really worth?
It shoudl work both with mac and win.

My idea was to go for the HP L2208W 22" TFT Monitor 1680 x 1050 300 cd/m2 1000:1 5 ms 16:9 VGA Carbonite 3 which afterall is £157-25 making of it 127.. Any other suggestions?

1 Comment

That aspect ratio blindness looks familar, did you copy the description from ebuyer?

All monitors will work with PCs and modern macs, obviously if your mac has apple's mini-DVI connection you'll have to get the adapter.

What do autocad, 3dsmax and similar require from a monitor? Not being a user of them the only thing that I can think of is that adjustability and portrait mode would probably be useful, so you might want to spend some extra and get the HP L2245w (~£175).

I guess you're not doing any colour critical work and sharpness doesn't seem to be much of an issue on LCDs, although you may want to read a review or two on any screen you're considering and make sure the anti-glare coating isn't too harsh.

Hmm, if you want the low DPI of a 22" then there's no point in waiting for the 1920x1080 screens and you seem to be after widescreen. None of the screens in your price range will have excellent viewing angles.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free money and competition entry @ Circle712
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57571
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45

See more discussions