Groups

monitor

advice required please i need a new monitor looking on ebuyer they have a couple of samsungs around the ninety pound mark are samsung monitors any good or are there any monitors to be avoided main use really for the web

8 Comments

Samsung are one of the best monitor makers in the world.

Check the rrp on ]this:giggle:

Original Poster

thanks, who would seriously spend two grand on a monitor though

Original Poster

is 1360x 768 res any good

bottletopburly;5003942

I wasn't suggesting you buy that.

What about...currys.co.uk/pro…412

Note the 3 yrs on site warranty

have a look for a ctx (committed to xcellence is the company name) one had mine years and still as good as the day i got it.its got a usb hub built it to it as well

Original Poster

thanks just ordered a samsung 18.5 monitor for 86 pound from ebuyer it will be better than what im using now anyway

guilbert53;5003835

Samsung are one of the best monitor makers in the world.

Well, they're one of a dozen manufacturers making top quality home monitors. They don't stand out particulaly there though. What samsung do seem to be good at is making what's fashionable.

bottletopburly;5003942

Given that there are 72 different shops selling ]this £2000 monitor the answer must be 'lots of people'.

bottletopburly;5004467

is 1360x 768 res any good

Resolution should be chosen based on the size of monitor and how far away you're going to view it from, you don't want the highest possible right now. If that was the resolution of the 18.5" you ordered then it's lower than the normal 1440x900 resolution of that size so you might want to have the screen slighter further away than normal.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      3. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111

See more discussions