Groups

monitor advice for PS4 pro please?

Hey guys. Have posted before.

Also posted on another forum. I know we have people in the know here so it would be appreciated!

Hello all,

I need some help please choosing a decent monitor for use with my PS4 pro and Scorpio at the end of the year.

In a nutshell I have the Samsung UE40KU6400, it is being returned though due to having an intermittent fault which is odd. It seems widespread and don't want to take chances

I am now looking for a 27 or 28 inch monitor. Ok I will lose the 8bit HDR but unlikely I will notice it. I want it to be 60hz though at 4k.

The monitors I have short listed are:

LG 27UD58-D 27" AH-IPS 4K UHD 16_9 5ms HDMI DP Monitor

laptopsdirect.co.uk/lg-…asp

AOC Featured U2879VF LED 3840 x 2160 4K

laptopsdirect.co.uk/aoc…asp

Samsung UE590D 28" Ultra HD FreeSync Gaming Monitor

ebuyer.com/707…wcB

Please help me! Budget up to £350 max, more I save the better though, much appreciated!

8 Comments

Good options I'm in the same boat, but still love my benq 2455! Will take a gander

Original Poster

watchmedeal

Good options I'm in the same boat, but still love my benq 2455! Will take … Good options I'm in the same boat, but still love my benq 2455! Will take a gander

​Cheers mate! Perhaps you know more than me. Just want to make the right choice.

Those new HDR 10 monitors are going to be around 600 quid. Will hold off those a few years.

I'd say defo not the LG, may as well go 1ms response time for the money being spent

Original Poster

watchmedeal

I'd say defo not the LG, may as well go 1ms response time for the money … I'd say defo not the LG, may as well go 1ms response time for the money being spent

My only issue with the Samsung was that I read a few people complain it couldn't handle 60hz. So debatable whether it's actually HDMI 2.0

Yeah think Im leaning towards the cheaper, larger screen AOC...

Scrap that I'm leaning towards the Samsung now, 2 hdmi ports
    Edited by: "watchmedeal" 4th Jan

Original Poster

watchmedeal

Yeah think Im leaning towards the cheaper, larger screen AOC...Scrap that … Yeah think Im leaning towards the cheaper, larger screen AOC...Scrap that I'm leaning towards the Samsung now, 2 hdmi ports

​I was looking at that too. It seems to have good reviews.

Original Poster

Anyone else want to share some input? Or suggestions.

Much appreciated.

Original Poster

watchmedeal

Yeah think Im leaning towards the cheaper, larger screen AOC...Scrap that … Yeah think Im leaning towards the cheaper, larger screen AOC...Scrap that I'm leaning towards the Samsung now, 2 hdmi ports

​Did you go for the AOC mate?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927364
      2. Spotify Family Premium share715
      3. word association Game73944490
      4. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423

See more discussions