Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Monitor advice required

Posted 16th May
Hi all, I’m looking for some advice from computer people regarding monitors. Seeing as working from home will be permanent going forward I’d like to get a monitor to use as a second screen with my laptop.

Where do I begin? Budget is about £90-120. Can anyone advise what specs I should be looking for or what manufactures make the best displays in my budget? Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
What video outs does the laptop have?
As above said, need to know the video outputs of the laptop, and also an optimal size for the screen, most common is 24" or 27"
It’s a Lenovo ThinkPad X380 Yoga. To be honest It’s just what work gave me so I’m not really that clued up on it. I think the only video output is HDMI although it can also do it wireless through casting.
seabs16/05/2020 12:59

It’s a Lenovo ThinkPad X380 Yoga. To be honest It’s just what work gave me …It’s a Lenovo ThinkPad X380 Yoga. To be honest It’s just what work gave me so I’m not really that clued up on it. I think the only video output is HDMI although it can also do it wireless through casting.

Get work to provide you with a monitor, or at the very least a full spec. Your employer should provide you with the equipment to do your job. Prolongued use of a laptop can cause health problems, so on health grounds alone your employer should do this or risk a compo claim down the line. The current crisis does not negate the law.
My relative bought a decent one which could £155. He did have a allowance from work for £150
tardytortoise16/05/2020 13:18

Get work to provide you with a monitor, or at the very least a full spec. …Get work to provide you with a monitor, or at the very least a full spec. Your employer should provide you with the equipment to do your job. Prolongued use of a laptop can cause health problems, so on health grounds alone your employer should do this or risk a compo claim down the line. The current crisis does not negate the law.

I think we all need to use a bit of common sense here. This crisis is unprecedented, we should expect flexibility on both sides.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions