Monitor bought from flebay stuck in Customs and handed to GBCVTA

Found 10th Sep 2012
I ordered Crossover 27Q LED-P monitor from flebay, the item was posted via EMS. Everything went smooth until the plane landed in heathrow and the item was on hold for inappropriate invoice by GBCVTA.

I reckon there is always invoice attached with send items. i contacted Seller and they have emailed me invoice. i know and ready to pay TAX for No10 people smashing Mercedes but can anyone share experience how to approach customs peoples and ways to minimize my already damaged bank.

Regards,

1. Misc
  2. Monitor
29 Comments

Banned

anyone else totally lost on what the OP is on about?

Bought something from abroad, captured by customs, big bill coming OP's way

Banned

Toasthduk

Bought something from abroad, captured by customs, big bill coming OP's … Bought something from abroad, captured by customs, big bill coming OP's way

thanks but this is just bizarre

" i know and ready to pay TAX for No10 people smashing Mercedes but can anyone share experience how to approach customs peoples and ways to minimize my already damaged bank. "

I think that may mean that he had his mercedes taken by the police (No10 being the government) for a tax related offense and they crushed it.

csiman

thanks but this is just bizarre" i know and ready to pay TAX for No10 … thanks but this is just bizarre" i know and ready to pay TAX for No10 people smashing Mercedes but can anyone share experience how to approach customs peoples and ways to minimize my already damaged bank. "

OP, hired 10 people to smash his car up so that he can claim on the insurance but he didn't pay tax on the hired help, he has realised the error of his ways and is writing a cheque as we speak.

Guys a pimp, Mercedes is one of his hoes, 10 people smashed it, doesn't pay tax as she's Lithuanian.

anyone else totally lost on what the OP is on about?

What is happening is computer users are purchasing Grade A- to B quality 27 Inch IPS Monitors from China and Far East at vastly reduced prices, due to the items being unknown brands or slightly lower quality. The products themselves are nearly identical to their branded products (i.e. Apple cherry pick the best IPS* monitors), and the manufacturers buy these products with slight faults at substantially lower prices. To avoid customs, and paying the tax the suppliers selling the items abroad are marking the items as gifts, and also suggesting the value of the product is only upto $100. Now the custom and Excise have got wise to the scam, and are now impounding the items and insisting they pay the full charges - shipping, vat, EU charges, retail value of the product, and fines.

*IPS In Plane Switching is a type of panel technology preferred by professional photographers etc due to the accuracy and reproduction of colour with less disadvantages.

Edited by: "nemesiz" 10th Sep 2012

Banned

The MP was taxed and insured....the police don't arrest people for a simple accident.

Original Poster

slamdunkin

The MP was taxed and insured....the police don't arrest people for a … The MP was taxed and insured....the police don't arrest people for a simple accident.

okay MP was insured & taxed but do u believe the damage done was simple accident in 30 mph + emergency braking

Banned

Most accidents on the roads are driver error.....why is this any different in your view.

What has an MP crashing his car got to do with C&E?

Original Poster

slamdunkin

Most accidents on the roads are driver error.....why is this any … Most accidents on the roads are driver error.....why is this any different in your view.

yeah its garbage in garbage out but this story contradict. Banbury MP Sir Tony Baldry lost control of his car after he opened his door to pick up a dropped parking ticket

Banned

BeerDrinker

I think OP is one of those underclass people who view anybody that is employed by the government with the us and them mentality....same sort of people who abuse the A&E staff or throw stones at fire engines....or maybe he is just thick.

Original Poster

BeerDrinker

haha true that, back to point. do u have any such experiences in customs thingy?

Banned

slamdunkin

I think OP is one of those underclass people who view anybody that is … I think OP is one of those underclass people who view anybody that is employed by the government with the us and them mentality....same sort of people who abuse the A&E staff or throw stones at fire engines....or maybe he is just thick.

I'll guess at number 3

Seen some rants on here, but not wanting to pay duty on a monitor because an MP had an accident must be one of the best.

OP Why do you spell ebay as flebay?

Original Poster

slamdunkin

I think OP is one of those underclass people who view anybody that is … I think OP is one of those underclass people who view anybody that is employed by the government with the us and them mentality....same sort of people who abuse the A&E staff or throw stones at fire engines....or maybe he is just thick.

i was just giving my opinion which are not always wise but reading your reply made me sad. do not judge people m8

raulvibes

do not judge people m8

You are judging the entire Government on the actions of 1 person...

Seems a bit over the top for them to smash up your car OP, have you reported the incident to the police? and GBCVTA. is not a valid code so that's why they are probably holding on to your monitor while you pay the difference.

Hope this helps.

Original Poster

raulvibes

do not judge people m8

Bully

Seems a bit over the top for them to smash up your car OP, have you … Seems a bit over the top for them to smash up your car OP, have you reported the incident to the police? and GBCVTA. is not a valid code so that's why they are probably holding on to your monitor while you pay the difference.Hope this helps.

haha..... my bad

ignore car ...haha. tbh it looks like courier company trying to get extra cash i.e. handling charges

Original Poster

colinsunderland

I'll guess at number 3 :)Seen some rants on here, but not wanting to pay … I'll guess at number 3 :)Seen some rants on here, but not wanting to pay duty on a monitor because an MP had an accident must be one of the best.OP Why do you spell ebay as flebay?

i guess from FS/T strict rules (_;)

Banned

BeerDrinker

You are judging the entire Government on the actions of 1 person...

takes more than the actions of 1 person to get a goverment in

Banned

raulvibes

okay MP was insured & taxed but do u believe the damage done was simple … okay MP was insured & taxed but do u believe the damage done was simple accident in 30 mph + emergency braking

yes - looks like a 30mph crash to me

Banned

raulvibes

haha..... my badignore car ...haha. tbh it looks like courier company … haha..... my badignore car ...haha. tbh it looks like courier company trying to get extra cash i.e. handling charges

extra cash they are fully entitled to. WOuld you collect customs charges on behalf of someone and not expect payment.

BTW, expect import duty (about 4%), VAT (20%) and RM collection fee (about £10) to be added on top of your monitor price which is fair enough. and just pray it doesnt have any faults on arrival as you'll be expected to return it at your expense.

Original Poster

csiman

extra cash they are fully entitled to. WOuld you collect customs charges … extra cash they are fully entitled to. WOuld you collect customs charges on behalf of someone and not expect payment.BTW, expect import duty (about 4%), VAT (20%) and RM collection fee (about £10) to be added on top of your monitor price which is fair enough. and just pray it doesnt have any faults on arrival as you'll be expected to return it at your expense.

have to pay at all cost but **** contact number is engage all the time. hope item is not trashed.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/76058_700b_v1.jpg

Original Poster

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2010/3/18/81%20Our%20Tax%20Dollars%20at%20work.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xVyoSl.jpg

send them a link to the ebay listing and pay the appropriate level of import tax
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants